• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Forward B to an Usmash

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Is a Forward B spindash, jump out of it under the opponent, and doing an Usmash a viable technique to use when 1v1? Just wondering if I should incorporate something like this into my game. Any criticism welcome, as I really need to improve my sonic game. Thanks in advance

Sinz10

Smash Rookie
You should try to incorporate all strategies you can think of as a Sonic player, you need to keep your opponent guessing as to what you will do next, and as the side dash being a good move (because you can practically do whatever attack you want after it) and the u-smash being a good move to launch your opponent so you can finish them with your your u-air, yes, I think this would be a good move to incorporate, giving the enemy is at a higher %

Sinz10

Smash Rookie
You should try to incorporate all strategies you can think of as a Sonic player, you need to keep your opponent guessing as to what you will do next, and as the side dash being a good move (because you can practically do whatever attack you want after it) and the u-smash being a good move to launch your opponent so you can finish them with your your u-air, yes, I think this would be a good move to incorporate, giving the enemy is at a higher %.

Edit: Sorry for double post. Website was lagging and I clicked thing twice... Please no flame >.<

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
You two aren't making any sense.

Uair? Usmash? Which is it that we're talking about?

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
U means up... Up smash.... Up air.... lol
o **** i thought u meant uber....lolzmyarmismadeofjello, u guys are incredible at using advance terminology, i woulda never guessed.

sarcasm plezhs

Get to the point homie, wut Ris said made no sense. Twinkle is just tryin to understand his question so he can come up with a response to help him out.

vastoc

Smash Rookie
He probably means spin dash > hit opponent > jump > uair

It's a good combo and will usually work if they don't realize and shield in time.
But as always, don't overuse it or become predictable.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Yeah well "probably" means my answers are only "probably" going to help him and there's a chance I'll completely miss his point which is stupid so I figure why not just clarify.

Ris747

Smash Apprentice
Yah, sorry my terminology is a little off. Yes I do mean the Bside (or the side spin dash attack), jumping out of it, into a Up air. Sorry for the confusion :(

mcnichoj

Smash Apprentice
Forward B, then fallow up with a Up Air, do your spring and another Up Air.
If you can pull it off then it could be usefull.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
here is my opinion: and i cant test this right this moment to be sure. but when u attack with either of the spin dash moves, the only way to cancel it is to use your 2nd jump. so that means-

you will spin, and if your on the ground, you will jump off the ground(still in the spin), and then after your spinning in the air you can cancel the spin with the 2nd jump. now you cant use a smash unless your on the ground, and trust me, if you go back to the ground after hitting your opponent with the spin dash, it would be kinda hard to land and then get under them for a Usmash. Somtimes the oponnent lands on the ground first too... so it would have to be jjust right, and u would have to be at the right spot, or get to it hella fast.

I mean, im sure in certain situations where everythign is perfect, a Usmash would go great after a spin dash attack... but berely ever i'd assume.

in my opinion its a way better idea to try and land an arial on them after a spin dash hit, its just more reliable in general.

theres my two cents

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
I love doing a back air out if it, and sonic usually hits them in the opposite direction that your hitting so its a weird mind game. It happens when you hit them with sonics *** instead of his foot. It still has the same amount of knock back. You have to get the timing right. You can also fair out of it to lead up to a fair side stage kill. your enemy really has no chance to get out of it.

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
From what I've been able to see, to pull this off right, you'd need to be incredibly quick and precise after jumping out of the side B, especially depending on the opponent's weight and damage percentage...also priority of the opponent. If the opponent has really good timing, they can pretty much knock you out of this before accomplising anything. If you mean after that initial hop that Sonic does from side-B that may work better than trying to stop underneath him...but honestly I stick with a Bair after that hop behind the opponent. I'll try it out myself though before I go on, or maybe I'm just a n00b :lick:

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
From what I've been able to see, to pull this off right, you'd need to be incredibly quick and precise after jumping out of the side B, especially depending on the opponent's weight and damage percentage...also priority of the opponent. If the opponent has really good timing, they can pretty much knock you out of this before accomplising anything. If you mean after that initial hop that Sonic does from side-B that may work better than trying to stop underneath him...but honestly I stick with a Bair after that hop behind the opponent. I'll try it out myself though before I go on, or maybe I'm just a n00b :lick:
not completely, all you need to do its hit A on contact and UpA upon that contact. Sometimes your opponent can squeeze an air dodge to get out of it but thats goo timing on their part. I mean, it does take some practice but its really not that difficult. I usually hit it everytime. Its definantly easyer on biiger characters (bowser, ike, dk, DDD), but it can be done on anyone. The only character that you need to be REALLY careful with is jigs.

IMO she wrecks sonic. she even wins the spindash battle... lame

R4ZE

Smash Ace
can you actually Usmash right when the side-b hits the ground?

Edit: ya the spin attack doesent even take much practice. usually you would wait until you spin into them and then u can pretty much spam A's and jumps to get all the attacks in, and just hold the direction of the ariel u want to execute.

but sometimes u wanna jump before u hit the opponent, to hit more on the outer part of their body. to go thru their sheild.

I'm interested to know which has more priority... side-b or down b..

and also... sonic grounded spin hit, or the ariel spin hit?

Top Bottom