• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fortune - A Ness montage

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
That was actually... pleasant to watch.
Nice editing.
Not top play, but it's a lot better than the other Ness montages I saw with stupid stuff like accidental footstool gimps and meaningless charged smashes and other ****.
You showed much better knowledge of your character than others did, lol.

Last edited:

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
That was actually... pleasant to watch.
Nice editing.
Not top play, but it's a lot better than the other Ness montages I saw with stupid stuff like accidental footstool gimps and meaningless charged smashes and other ****.
You showed much better knowledge of your character than others did, lol.
Thanks! Hmm what would you consider top play? I've beat many top players with my Ness before, what you see in this montage is me playing For Glory and some online games as opposed to my tournament Ness, but it's hard to do something fancy. I tried to go for as much as I could, thus, this Ness montage was born!

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
Thanks! Hmm what would you consider top play? I've beat many top players with my Ness before, what you see in this montage is me playing For Glory and some online games as opposed to my tournament Ness, but it's hard to do something fancy. I tried to go for as much as I could, thus, this Ness montage was born!
What's "top"? You're playing smart, definitely, or else many of these things wouldn't have worked. You're showing the instances when you are able to pull off a read or a jab lock or something.
Which is I guess, what you put into a montage...

In montages though, it's usually people going for the non-optimal punish and it works. Stuff like the PSI magnet gimp is something you don't see happening every day, lol. At least for me. I'm not really a Smash 4 Ness main (old Brawl main, but I follow this subforum to see if there's anything new), so I don't watch nor do I play Ness dittoes. x.x
Anyway, what is usually "top play" montages I think, is just players who can play so well compared to their opponent that they can go for these non-optimal punishes so often because the opponent is just playing so bad, lol.
Or you can beat up people on FG and add airhorns. I don't particularly like Alpharad's 101 series, lol. Airhorns and bad jokes can get old.
mmm
well, bad players throwing out unsafe moves in the neutral -> bair kill is something we know happens every day. That was not worthy of the montage, I think. PKT1 -> dj uair kill too. Sure, it's something that you didn't expect to work, but... that felt too safe. Uair/bair was one of the many optimal choices you picked after PKT sent the opponent your way.
Really long strings/comboes are good, even if they're not 0 -> death.
yeahhhhhh

Last edited:

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
Woww........
What's "top"? You're playing smart, definitely, or else many of these things wouldn't have worked. You're showing the instances when you are able to pull off a read or a jab lock or something.
Which is I guess, what you put into a montage...

In montages though, it's usually people going for the non-optimal punish and it works. Stuff like the PSI magnet gimp is something you don't see happening every day, lol. At least for me. I'm not really a Smash 4 Ness main (old Brawl main, but I follow this subforum to see if there's anything new), so I don't watch nor do I play Ness dittoes. x.x
Anyway, what is usually "top play" montages I think, is just players who can play so well compared to their opponent that they can go for these non-optimal punishes so often because the opponent is just playing so bad, lol.
Or you can beat up people on FG and add airhorns. I don't particularly like Alpharad's 101 series, lol. Airhorns and bad jokes can get old.
mmm
well, bad players throwing out unsafe moves in the neutral -> bair kill is something we know happens every day. That was not worthy of the montage, I think. PKT1 -> dj uair kill too. Sure, it's something that you didn't expect to work, but... that felt too safe. Uair/bair was one of the many optimal choices you picked after PKT sent the opponent your way.
Really long strings/comboes are good, even if they're not 0 -> death.
yeahhhhhh
Makes sense, thanks man. I'm glad you enjoyed it though! I hope you'll be satisfied with my other works.
I see you're a Toon Link main also, there's a pretty nice guide I have here that you might be interested in.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
This combo video is great!
Great editing, great combos, great everything.
I love your pivot grabs so much X3 Gonna start using those now.

Hopefully I can eventually make a combo video too!

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
This combo video is great!
Great editing, great combos, great everything.
I love your pivot grabs so much X3 Gonna start using those now.

Hopefully I can eventually make a combo video too!
Thanks! Yeah the main thing people will mostly try to do is roll out of that PK fire, if you notice it's a habit it can become a pretty shmexy kill.

Top Bottom