• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Formula 1

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Hey there folks, lets talk about Formula 1. I know I'm a bit late since the season is just over, but boy, what a Grande Finale was that?! Last GP in Brazil, what a race. I was yelling at the TV all the time.

I, myself, am a big fan of McLaren, always have been, always will be, so last Sunday was a big downer for me. Kimi Raikkonen won the championship with 110 points, with both Alonso and Hamilton on his tail with 109 points!! Now, I actually don't really care that not even both of the McLarens managed to win, because somehow I feel like Raikkonen deserves it as well. Aside from that, I had never seen this coming and I think nobody really did. The first corner was, even though I don't like admitting it, brilliant teamwork of Ferrari. Second corner was a mistake of Hamilton, but didn't have to be any problem. Later in the race, his engine fails! Somehow the clutch wasn't working, one of the 2 censors failed, or registered a bug so they shut it down. Hamilton puts the car in pitstop settings so it would continue drive 60 mph, while his engineers were telling him how to reset the car. And it worked again, but it was too late. He came back from P18 to P7, but it was useless nonetheless because he had to be 5th in order to win the championship.

But no worries, Hamilton is only 22 so he'll come back even better next season. He has plenty of time left to win a couple of championships. Also, keep your eye out for Vessel, only 19 years old. If one of the bigger teams picks him up, we'll be having a lot of exciting races between him and Hamilton in our future.

So, discuss! Who is your favorite driver? What's your favorite team? Stuff like that.

Also, I know this needs to be in the youtube topic, but whatever, just enjoy:
Mercedes-Bence TV commercial (I love the song that comes with it :p).

Jammer

Smash Lord
I'm not really into car racing. There is one thing that I think is totally awesome about Formula 1 cars though:

They could race upside down if they wanted to! The downforce from aerodynamics of the car (when they're rightside up, that is) is about 3-4 times the weight of the car at racing speeds. I so want to see a Formula 1 track that bends and goes upside down for a while. It would actually be good for the drivers, who would get some blood back in their brain after being knocked back and forth at 4 g's.

Rici

BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Yes, real-life F-Zero is coming up! ;) :p

Btw, I can't wait for the next season to begin. Hamilton now has some racing experience, and is ready to own the next championship. McLaren is gonna beat those Ferrari sissy's.

Also, I somehow feel the need to mention Jos Verstappen, our ex-driver from the Netherlands. He was an AWESOME driver, but his car never was good enough for him. He either blew it up, slipped through the corner, roll it over and all other sorts of stuff you can do to wreck a car. It was actually an exception if he finished a race. Though, a couple of years back, they had a test in Italy with all the F1 drivers. They put everyone in EXACTLY the same car and it turned out that Jos Verstappen was actually the best.

Too bad his Minardi never survived his driving style :(

drengist

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad my countryman won the whole thing. Hamilton is still a rookie - he has plenty of seasons to win the championship. And the whole McLaren scandal... I think Ferrari deserved the win. Kudos for Felipe Massa, too.

The next season is going to be interesting. The fact that Mclaren was punished financially very hard is going to make things more difficult for them. I'm also expecting Renault to rise up again.

Rici

BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Well, sorry for bumping my own thread but I thought there may be some more F1 fans now we're in the middle of the season.

Today was the GP of Monaco and what an awesome race was that! I loved how every tactic the teams had beforehand could be thrown away right after the start and how they all had to improvise! A wet track, drying up, no traction control and it's Monaco, so it doesn't get any better than that. Hamiltons second win of the season and he is back on number 1.

Biggest downer of the day was Sutil of Force India. Terrfic driving the whole race, then a safety-car situation, and when the SF car was gone, Raikkonen, the supposedly World-Champion made a huge braking error which caused him to torpedo himself into Sutil, who had to forfeit the race because of that.

And I found my new hero: Kubica! I am participating in one of those GP-managers online and I have him as my first driver and this weekend I had a Joker put on him so now I got double the points!

Now I'm hoping there are more people at SWF who like F1.

Top Bottom