• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Formerly Lost my touch... Now it's Help Chaco prepare for tournies

Chaco

Never Logs In
Lately when I play friendlies I'm getting beat, it didn't used to be this way. My skills are going down hill fast, I can't seem to win much anymore. I need some Yoshi help, I'm asking for some of you who are better than me. (Mmac, Bwett, Stocky, Big, etc) I need your help, I just can't seem to keep up with the spammers anymore, they beat me by spamming. I know the match ups, I know how to beat them...it's just...I can't seem to do it. I get ahead and they spam back to the lead. I really don't know what to do. I need to make my Yoshi game go further..i just don't know how. So if you guys can help me I'd appreciate it.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Until I started to go to tournaments more I thought I was going down hill. Try playing lots of different people. I use to play the same people all the time and after a while they start to figure out my play-style and then I can become predictable to those people. Maybe your not getting worse it may be you play the same people to much.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Could be, but Dark helped me out. It was my play style was to predictable, as you stated.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I'm prolly not one of the Yoshis that's better than you, but here goes anyway...
The problem may just be that you're not improving at the same rate you used to. So it seems like you're getting worse, but you're just not getting better as quickly. You're getting frustrated with your inability to improve as quickly, and that makes you do things that you think help the situation, but usually affect your gameplay in a negative way.
In short, Brawl's working its mindgames on you. Try playing a different game, I haven't touched Brawl in weeks.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, I got it back and am two stocking people again. =D

Mmac

Smash Lord
You think you're doing bad? I'm playing the worst i've ever been these past two days

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
I can't play at all until September! I'll need some serious help when I get back...

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I can play online with you. I don't know how good you are so I can't say I'm better than you, but I can play a really spammy Pikachu if you want practice. I live in GA so we shouldn't get much lag.

Edit:

I just read the other posts and you said you don't have that problem anymore. But if you want to play online I'll be open on Fridays and Saturdays.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, it's to the point I'm just gonna totally put the game away for now. I started to second Diddy and got beat by a person who didn't even main him. It sickens me, I put all that work into learning Diddy, just to get beat by a casual one. And Yoshi people just start pulling the match ups on me. So as of right now. I'm quitting Brawl. But I'll probably still be online some.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Well, it's to the point I'm just gonna totally put the game away for now. I started to second Diddy and got beat by a person who didn't even main him. It sickens me, I put all that work into learning Diddy, just to get beat by a casual one. And Yoshi people just start pulling the match ups on me. So as of right now. I'm quitting Brawl. But I'll probably still be online some.
Don't. I already talked to you about this, but quitting Brawl won't do anything. If you need help to get better, this entire forum can help you.

bigman40

Smash Master
If you find yourself doing that bad, look at making a new playstyle or something. As much as I hear all this "I can't do this/that" makes me pissed after a while. If you really want to get better, then use they tools that are available (this forum, other players, etc.), and stop saying bull****. Man up, and get your *** into the game. Learn why you're losing, learn why you're not improving, learn why you're making mistakes. (sorry if I came off hard. just hearing people quit from sh*tty reasons makes me mad.)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah my reason is bad, but it's one that I'm sticking with for the time being.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Too bad you're not in the SBR, Chaco.
If you were, we could get this thread stickied like "Emblem Lord's Emo Moment" in the Marth boards.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
acttually i think its because by now people have found so many counters against yoshi chaco...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well look at the new title and just ask for a match and I shall give you one. THen you can critique and give some some ideas.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yay. I'm gonna play with Rel some to. I already saw some things I need to work on from replays. But the extra opinions will always help.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I played a few online matches and I hated it .....I hated it so much I could not even finish the online dittos tourney. Just the little bit of lag throws me off so much.

Top Bottom