• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Former Doc Main Here

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
And I'd like to know if I could possibly pick up Mario. In Melee, I couldn't use Mario as well as Dr. Mario, so he always was outprioritized by his pill-popping counterpart. So now in Brawl, the Doc is gone, leaving me with Mario. And I know Mario went through a lot of changes from Melee to Brawl. But I'd just like to know: Could a Dr. Mario main use Brawl Mario in a similar fashion? I've tried a few times, but the majority of my old Doc tactics don't work nearly as well.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
It's abit possible. It'd take some time if your still adjusting from melee to brawl. I just don't remember Doc that much back then. But melee downb tornado was taken out for a fludd which helps mario gimp even better. Oh and cape still *****.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The cape ***** moar though. (Momentum shift ftw)

Some things from the Doc were put into Mario though. The F-air, if not sweetspotted, acts the same way as the Doc's was. Some of the power the Doc had was transferred to Mario as well (as in he can now KO reliably except for F-Smash). Oh, and Mario's fireballs are actually good now, good enough to be comparable with the megavitamins.

Honestly Mario in Melee could not be played the same way in Brawl either. The physics are just too different to give it much consideration. The only real tactic that can be easily transferred over is, the Cape.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
The only real tactic that can be easily transferred over is, the Cape.
And even thats a little different.

Mario of Brawl is basically the good of Melee Mario combined with the good of old Doc. An UpB with knockback, fireballs with melee fireball trajectory but pill knockback, KO power but range with it, good combo game...even a better dtilt even though it still sucks.

So yea, I'd definitely say the transition would be an easy one.

Top Bottom