• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Foreign to US players in FG avoiding you guys as well?

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Hey guys, Jazz here. I've been experiencing a pattern for months now in FG 1v1's:
If their Japanese, Korean, or not from the US in general they exit the matchup immediately.
Is there bad blood between US players and the rest of the world? I literally sat in the practice room for 15 minutes while player after player, with varying Asian text as their gamer tags, left the room. Just constantly...
Is it me? Is the name Jazz derogatory or does this happen to you guys too?
Thanks
-Jazz

KirbCider

Smash Ace
It's believed that it's because they wish to avoid lag more or less.

It can be very annoying to see 8 to 12 Japanese players leave constantly but I can understand if it's cause of lag. Then again most of the Japanese players that do stay that I end up facing there's little to no lag. After one match they typically leave as well. I suppose it also might be because they want to face other Japanese players. Other than that, I got nothin'.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
It's believed that it's because they wish to avoid lag more or less.

It can be very annoying to see 8 to 12 Japanese players leave constantly but I can understand if it's cause of lag. Then again most of the Japanese players that do stay that I end up facing there's little to no lag. After one match they typically leave as well. I suppose it also might be because they want to face other Japanese players. Other than that, I got nothin'.
Agreed, it does seem like Japanese players seem to prefer playing with other Japanese players which probably means less chance of lag. Although I tend to find a lot of Japanese players compared to non-Japanese players during my nights.

Trauma1

Smash Rookie
I imagine they are wanting to avoid lag.

I know yesterday i played against a guy who was from south america and there was some annoying lag making it hard to enjoy the game or play properly. So after a couple of matches with him I left since it was about at the end of my training session for the day anyways.

Lag in Smash Bros isn't fun so I cant blame them for quitting and trying to find a new gsme if its for lag reasons.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
It's most certainly due to lag, and I often leave them for the same reasons when I see them as well. It's nothing personal, it's just a case of "Why take the chance?" for me personally.

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
I met this Japanese kid. He wasn't "in the know," so he played with me and added me. No lag. Fun to play with.

As I posted before, they don't make it a secret that they only want Japanese players. One player changed their tag to " にほんじん" then left, implying the meaning "Japanese only." But why?

To be honest, I think there is something bigger than "lag" here. The Japanese players I have played with had lag that was very small to none, and sometimes I even get better connection with them VS some American players. It's not lag... it's something else...

Top Bottom