• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For your viewing pleasure: High level (or possibly not) ZSS whooping my butt and other assorted replays

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I was hosting my Farty Party arena today and this really good Zero Suit Samus player named OOF came in. This person's movement was crazy to me. I had so much trouble keeping up with them, and at no point did I ever feel in control of the matches. It's the second and third videos in this playlist I put together of replays from the past week but mostly this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ec3w_iGYN7B2u-XVOUk413T1zBrkNDL

Here's a little breakdown of the replays and my own comments. Some wins, some losses. Enjoy.

1) I had just lost a close match against this Sonic player, but I was sure I had them next time. I opened the match with a string that took them zero to death and won pretty easily.
2) One of two matches against the really good ZSS
3) Other match vs really good ZSS
4-6) I beat this Ike player in Quickplay and felt pretty confident rematching but he beat me best out of 3. Not really sure where I was going wrong here. He didn't seem all that good to me.
7) I landed a dair spike w/ Lucina on this DK at pretty low %. He didn't die from the meteor effect but couldn't recover. Then he came back real salty and finished me.
8 & 9) See this thread about the Smash Grounds Discord. I joined their arena Saturday night and these were a couple of my matches as Palutena.
10 & 11) ROB and Wii Fit Trainer are two characters that I've struggled to edge guard but I've gotten better and put on a pretty good show of it in these two matches
12) A Jigglypuff that beat me in Quickplay

Dilan Omer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dildry
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Yeah no that isnt a High Level ZSS. Maybe for you. Doesnt use Bair or Zair let alone the poor movement and spamming the same moves Noob ZSS players do.

Last edited:

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
Yeah no that isnt a High Level ZSS. Maybe for you. Doesnt use Bair or Zair let alone the poor movement and spamming the same moves Noob ZSS players do.
Well they were taking the arena to town so I feel safe in asserting they were not a noob. But perception is in the eye of the beholder.

Top Bottom