• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For some reason I can't get 3.6 to start.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Been playing PM for some time now, and I was excited for the new version, but it isn't working. I downloaded the files and extracted them to my SD card. However, when I go to stage builder it will start to load PM but the screen will fade and freeze before it goes to the launcher. I'm not sure what's wrong exactly.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Try re-downloading it.
Already tried that, but I still have the same problem.

I even tried going to 3.5 and updating through the launcher, but that doesn't work either. I installed the update and checked to see that there were no more, but it just boots up 3.5.

Last edited:

monstersbane

Smash Apprentice
Already tried that, but I still have the same problem.

I even tried going to 3.5 and updating through the launcher, but that doesn't work either. I installed the update and checked to see that there were no more, but it just boots up 3.5.
I had the same problem until took my gamecube memory cards out, I don't know why but that fixes it.

DabBen

Concentraits & Smash Bros.
im having the same problem, just tried it without memory cards in and flashed black and went to wii home screen

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I had the same problem until took my gamecube memory cards out, I don't know why but that fixes it.
That didn't help. I'm still stuck with 3.5. 3.6 just doesn't seem to want to work no matter what I do. I have no idea what's wrong. This is the only version I've had trouble with.

Kurodyne

where did i put my keys
NNID
KuroSensation
Removing the memory cards helped me boot it with Letterbomb
That's certainly strange and rather inconvenient, but eh.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Even removing the memory cards didn't help me. Has anyone discovered any other solutions? It's weird how some people can't get 3.6 to start, but others didn't seem to have any problems.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I couldn't update from the launcher at all, but I redownloaded 3.6 and was eventually able to restart it when there weren't any memory cards. I wonder what caused this issue.

ECHOnce

Smash Lord
I couldn't update from the launcher at all, but I redownloaded 3.6 and was eventually able to restart it when there weren't any memory cards. I wonder what caused this issue.
Not sure what it was, but I can at least assure you that the launcher not updating isn't a related symptom of whatever the problem was; somewhere on reddit I read that the launcher won't be able to be updated during the bets period, so that's normal.

Top Bottom