• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Glory 2 stock rules is a nightmare against Bowser

KappnJack

Smash Rookie
NNID
JSHCamisado
3DS FC
3024-5658-3247
Anyone else encountering this? So you are duking it out with a Bowser and let's say you won the first stock, then fell to concede one stock. 1 stock each left for a fight to the death, this is going to be super intense and I wonder who is going to wi... oh. Oh he just grabbed me and suicided off the stage with me underneath him. Great. What a fair and exciting outcome that turned out to be. Was this always the case with Bowser? I've played all previous Smash games but super casually so I really don't know much about how he played before. Could this not be solved by trying to make it so as if Bowser does that, he dies first? Just seems super cheap and I have all the salt because of it. No clue how to counter that other than not losing a stock or don't get grabbed. Can you perhaps counter it with your stage positioning?

Vanillascout

Smash Cadet
Both players control bowser's slam. Lowest % player has more control. Winning this way only works when bowser already has the lead.

Spirst

Yes, Bowser has been able to do this Bowsercide since Brawl. He can jump right at the very end too so he doesn't actually die if it's the last stock each. However, Bowser doesn't have complete influence over the direction of the movement. More control goes to the player with the lowest %. If he does it, just try directing the stick towards the stage.

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
2stock really has nothing to do with it. It just means he only needs to do it once.

I actually had a bowser lose because he did the grab near the pit with high damage and i forced us into the pit, i had 2stock still lol. That was hilarious.

KappnJack

Smash Rookie
NNID
JSHCamisado
3DS FC
3024-5658-3247
Ah see that I didn't know! So there is a way of countering that to a degree. Thanks a lot for that, beautiful people - maybe there is hope for my future Bowser match ups after all! Once I've stopped sucking hugely, of course!

And Dsull - that is actually really interesting! You could use his throw against him if the circumstances are right. I would have loved to have seen your game when that happened haha!

Thanks again guys, really appreciate the help/info! :)

infomon

Smash Scientist
I think the side-B is harder to land in smash4 compared to Brawl. In Brawl you could even koopa-hop with it (side-b as you're landing from a jump allowed you to jump again before properly even landing on the ground so you could sorta infinite-hop with it, which was great because if you got near the opponent during any of the landings it would grab them and you'd bwahahahahahaa taking them off the stage).

Edit: but ya I wreck ppl on For Glory with bowser, so fun lolol

Last edited:

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
1 stock each left for a fight to the death, this is going to be super intense and I wonder who is going to wi... oh. Oh he just grabbed me and suicided off the stage with me underneath him. Great. What a fair and exciting outcome that turned out to be.
We're sorry. :(

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Ah see that I didn't know! So there is a way of countering that to a degree. Thanks a lot for that, beautiful people - maybe there is hope for my future Bowser match ups after all! Once I've stopped sucking hugely, of course!

And Dsull - that is actually really interesting! You could use his throw against him if the circumstances are right. I would have loved to have seen your game when that happened haha!

Thanks again guys, really appreciate the help/info! :)
im not used to saving replays, so i often forget to save awesome matches like that one. Trying to train myself to not mash the start button at the victory screen to go next game lol

Top Bottom