• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Fun

Do you play For Fun?

• Yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Nah

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

GigaPaul

Smash Rookie
NNID
Paul_SSJGod
3DS FC
5327-1884-5377
Does anyone here play For fun online? I know I do, at least on the Wii U version becouse I have a ton of lag on the 3DS version.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
I do. I am sick of FG, especially since my main performs the worst on stages without platforms. Sadly, FF has demoted to "Griefer Playground" status ala Brawl's online and it's uncommon to find a serious match.

I really wish there was a FF 1v1 mode. There used to be one in the tournament list but they removed that...sigh.

Last edited:

Pheva

Smash Cadet
For Fun isn't fun when you're playing with complete strangers that you can't even communicate with.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Does anyone here play For fun online? I know I do, at least on the Wii U version becouse I have a ton of lag on the 3DS version.
People discredit For Fun for its contents, tricked with the mindset its only for "scrubs," "noobs," or full of taunt parties.

While there might be a taunt party from time to time, I believe For Fun can be a harder mode than For Glory, regardless of the stripped down stages. You have to deal with the stage hazards and the items, whereas in For Glory you don't deal with these distractions in going in for the kill. I believe it takes more guts to dive into For Fun over For Glory, especially if you are trying to work around Ridley or the Yellow Devil.

For Fun is just as intimidating as For Glory.

I've come across some pretty serious matches on FF that have shown what and what Fox cannot handle. Think of FF as a battlefield, not a playground.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Only when I feel like it. I will acknowledge that it is, in fact, better than For Glory (a.k.a. For Hell).

But playing with friends is even more enjoyable than the two combined.

Last edited:

Jdawg9876

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jdawg9876
3DS FC
4399-1836-0019
I like For Fun, although sometimes you run into that group of smashers that all team up against you for some reason, even though it's not a team smash. I hope I'm not the only one who has had this issue :glare:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I've been meaning to play it more often than For Glory, but I'm not so sure that much anymore. As others previously stated, there really isn't much thrill in the mode.

Top Bottom