• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For Fun - These Things..

leonsc12

Smash Rookie
I love Smash 4. i really do! its a Fun Game, and I have a Blast Playing it.
But there's only one problem i have with its ONLINE Mode. No, it isnt lag, or Spammers.. (Although they are problems too.)

Its Taunt Parties.

If you've Played Brawl Online, you knew Basic Brawl was Plagued with these Things.
and i see nothing has changed.
Now im a pretty Decent Player-- i Main Emo Pit, Villager, And Wario.
But no matter how hard i try, i always Lose. its just painful getting Triple Teamed Constantly.
and worst thing is-- They're Everywhere.
and barely no one hates these things. feels like its just me who hates them.

Not to mention-- I got called horrible names once cause i wanted to play the game how YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO.

Any Tips -- or Any Way to Get Rid of these Horrifying Players?

Im afraid of reporting, since i might get Banned.

Help.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Report them. The official website specifically mentions ganging up on a single player as cause for a ban.

Link

Your best bet is to report said player and quickly leave the room. You might also try to meet some other players on these boards or else where who would be interested in playing simply for fun with you.

Dokokashira

Smash Journeyman
@ Shun_one Shun_one gave some good advice.

It might also be a good idea to stick to For Fun's Team Smash and For Glory. I rarely see any taunt parties on there. (Personally, I also enjoy the teamwork aspect of Team Smash and how you can't have KOs stolen from you.) If you want free-for-alls with items on and a wider stage selection, you might just have to get lucky with For Fun.

D

Deleted member

Whenever I encounter a Taunt Party in For Fun, I just report them, just leave the room immediately, and then get in a new one.

I haven't encountered too many Taunt Parties myself, but when they do happen, I just report and leave. I do find myself getting in a lot less of these things than in Brawl.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Thing is I don't think there will ever be a way to get rid of Taunt Parties for good.

You can report and even block players in them sure, but it won't stop you from encountering another Taunt Party, and then another after that, and so on. You'd spend more time reporting and blocking players than playing the actual game if you stress over it. Whenever I encounter a Taunt Party myself I'll humor them and join in for a few rounds before leaving. They can be annoying and most definitely boring when you really just want to Smash, but there are rare instances where they can be a tiny bit fun. Can't say I support the way they treat others though as I've witnessed myself how rude they can be to others sometimes.

The best and perhaps only thing you can do is avoid For Fun Smash altogether and just stick to For Glory, or if you really want to play on normal stages with items then 2V2 For Fun. I'm sure if you also looked around here on the Forums you may even be able to find quite a few people who you can play Smash and have fun with. But yeah, just don't sweat it since there's not much you can do.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Thanks for the suggestion, OP! Sounds fun.
I'll immediately go on For Fun as Dedede and crouch all match and do other goofy things!

I'm gonna have a blast!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Do people seriously report players who enjoy taunt parties? That is a whole new level of "no fun allowed".

Shog

Smash Ace
Do people seriously report players who enjoy taunt parties? That is a whole new level of "no fun allowed".
Well they do that because they have no fun with them stupid taunt parties. This goes both ways

Top Bottom