• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstools

verbatim

Smash Ace
While digging around with Greninja's footstool --> dair spike combo's I realized that Game and Watch's dair actually spikes in a similar but slightly easier window, meaning that he might have his own wacky brand of footstool combo's. I haven't found any combo's that kill (yet), but so far I've found a few interesting things. Listed are follow ups and the percents that they start and stop reliably working on Mario at.

• Down Smash (31% - 64%)
  • Up Smash (37% - 76%)
  • Short hop Up Air (57% - ???%)
  • It's worth noting that Judge starts working at 31%, but unlike the other three you need to read which side of you your opponent's going to DI towards.

None of these are true combo's, but they seem like the sort of thing that might catch an opponent off guard.

Has anyone else experimented with G&W's footstool technology, and do we think any of them could possibly be tournament viable?

Last edited:

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
The frame window similarities definitely make it easier for a footstool-->Dair spike but that's roughly all I've ever messed around with regards to footstools on and offstage. Footstool to fastfall nair might be a good string-starter so I'll give it a whirl and report back on whether or not I find anything.

pepi1197

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pepi1197
Totally forgot to toss in my tinkering. Fast-fall Nair worked on heavies but any mid-weight/fastfallers easily avoided Nair for obvious reasons or teched away fast enough to escape the string.

DT_X4

Smash Rookie
NNID
DT_PowerButton
3DS FC
0130-2636-7538
Do you guys think that dthrow> footstool> dair is viable or even worth doing? I've played some matches with friends and it seemed to work 'til around 50%. Only thing that makes me question the usefulness of this is the dair> side b.

Top Bottom