• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool Mechanic Suggestion

Xcite

Smash Apprentice
Previously in v3.02, footstools had the ability to bypass a character's shield which I believed to have been a very unique and interesting interaction the game had. Of course I understood why the removal of this mechanic was made in 3.5 because only a couple of characters in 3.02 could use this effectively. However I have a suggestion for the PMDT to bring this mechanic back but with the limitation that it can only be done when a character's head/upper body is actually not covered by their shield. This could be simply thought of as a shield poke using a footstool. I believe that this would be a viable way to balance the usage of footstools while not making them overbearing as well as bring back this unique interaction between characters. Also coupled with the fact that footstool heights of many characters were lowered would allow for every character to make an effective use of this mechanic therefore paving a way for a whole new route of shield pressure for the entire cast. Any thoughts or comments?

TLDR: Shield poking with footstools.

Top Bottom