• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool fart

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Wah-hah-hah.

Ok, so we know that you can attack directly after doing a footstool jump, right? Lots of characters can do this well, including Fox (reflector), Ganondorf (Down B) and Toon Link (Dair).

The good thing about footstool jumps are that they can be done at ground level (by tapping jump twice when you're close to your opponent) for a very fast psudo-grab that goes through shields.

The requirement for attacking after a footstool jump is quick reflexes and a fast attack with a large hitbox below your character, or a fast attack that changes aerial momentum and cancels the full jump.

lol.

Wario's fart has a massive fast hitbox below him. This is pretty much like attacking with the fart out of a grab from above. And with Wario's excellent aerial control, you probably don't even need to be close to the opponent to fsj off them, you can probably work it into your aerial strings.

Wario is so badass. Not only can you eat your own bike, but now you can climb up onto your enemy's head and fart on them at point-blank range!

null84

Smash Cadet
good idea... i may try that next time. I often use it when he/she is trying to jump back stage.

Blue sHell

Smash Journeyman
Lol, oh god. Good ****. Even more of a preasure game for Wario. Thank you so much for this, really.

I'll have to test it a bit, but really, thanks.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
So when I'm close to my opponent, I press jump twice then immediately Down B. Right?

How close do I have to be?

Irish Cream

Smash Apprentice
If you are gonna double-tap it you have to be really close (grab range? I'm not sure thats a good estimate), but any 2nd jump in close (in contact with?) should trigger a footstool jump that you can down b off. It would probably be easiest to try it in training to get the feel.

Glix

Smash Cadet
This sounds great. I have perfected doing this into Lucarios down air, it definately works well. I will check it out with Wario when I get home.

EDIT: For anyone having trouble with footstool jumping, just go to training, go right up to the guy, and double tap jump as quick as you can.

Also, to just see it and get used to it, its really easy to do to giant characters. Like in the co-op event where you are Jigglypuff and Game and Watch against giant Ness and Lucas. I footstooled them like 10 times by accident and they would go crashing to the ground, pretty cool.

Can you tech it if you get footstooled in the air?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure that if you get footstooled in the air and you hit the ground, you should be able to tech it.

But you can't tech a footstool that's done while you're standing on the ground of course.

Top Bottom