• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool combos

NoahDaniel

Smash Cadet
At my last tourney, I noticed that grounded footstool > upB is a true combo. At home I tried to find some setups into a footstool and found that bair works at low percents. The combo does 41% damage.

I'm not sure if this is true though, since I was only able to test the footstool > upB at the tourney, but not the bair > footstool.

I'll keep labbing and update this thread if I find something new. If you can test if this is true, then that would be nice too.

Edit: New combo. I'm not sure if it's true either, but the footstool should work since Ryu's airspeed/acceleration is really slow.

Last edited:

S-Critical

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSB2187
The Fox discord lab team labbed this quite a long time ago, but we never got to completely finish it off. It is indeed a true combo, however it is only true on certain characters. Some characters are able to shield when the hitboxes of firefox actually come out, and it's due to their character height when being footstooled. Obviously, their hurtbox shrinks when footstooled, but some are low enough when the active hitboxes come out, that they are able to shield and not get hit by the firefox. We've tested it on some of the cast, and we have some people who are able to avoid this combo.

We have not done the whole cast yet, and this was like 2 patches ago. We might be able to get started again with it, but for now we got other things we're working on :p

I'll give this a look though, since it wont be hard to test this on the whole cast. If you're in the discord, you should definitely bring this up in the metagame channel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom