• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Footstool and Jab lock setups/follow ups?

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Hey NathanSandwich here, I've just made the decision to go on as a solo Falcon main for a few months to take a break from my secondaries :4mario: :4dedede: :4duckhunt: and I want to get right to work on making my :4falcon: an even bigger threat. What I'm mainly gunning for right now is making use of footstools and jab locks for better combo and kill potential. I'm aware of the infinite and I have been practicing it, but I've seen that at low percents footstools can be key to starting up combos and that certain moves like his Dair at certain can be used as a setup to jab lock them. This is the first time I've attempted to implement footstools and jab locks into my play and I want to get on the right track.

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
Heres two ways to eliminate (some of) our biggest threats.

Shiek setup @60%:
dashgrab Dthrow > footstool > fastfall dair (try to frame cancel it) > full hop knee.

Ness setup @0% from roughly between the mid and ledge of stage:
dashgrab Dthrow > footstool > fastfall dair > downangled ftilt > shorthop falling uair > utilt.

He cant recover. DI makes this one tough.

You can do similar things to the whole cast by swapping throws according to fall speed and adding the perfect amounts of tilts to lock them near the ledge.

I'd show video but alas I have not the tech for it.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I tested the same Ness footstool setup at 0%-10% vs Pikachu, it works and was tested in training mode with the Pikachu set to control and the speed at 1/2. Pikachu can't roll out after the dair, but he can after the footstool.

Dash grab > down throw > footstool > fast falling down air (try to frame cancel it) > downward angled forward tilt.

The forward tilt is optional and there is a possibility to keep them locked in there a second time by doing that.

Since Pikachu is so small, the up air isn't safe to do, but there are many other moves to punish with though so that shouldn't be an issue. I'm going to try to find many other footstool setups to improve Falcon's play as this can be ridiculously useful.

Top Bottom