• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Follows ups after grounding and opponent with heavy bike custom

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
what are the best follow ups after grounding? does wario have any moves that can negate the reduced knockback cause by grounding similarly to sonics upsmash which pulls them out of the ground ? what are my best options for building up damage out of grounding ?(assuming your bike isnt on the ground near the grounded oppenent)

Ive found that when it comes to getting the kill either a fully charged fart or Fsmash is the best option, it doesnt seem like any of warios moves cause oppenents to recieve full knock back like sonics upsmash can. Dair for whatever reason seems to have reduced knockback even if the first few hits remove them from the ground so there isnt really a reason for using that in a situation where you want a kill from the grounding.

for damage i tend to just try and follow up with dair when they release from the grounding or if im lucky enough ill get a chance to throw my bike at a grounded oppenent while also following up with dair. Should i be following up with something else ?

goodgrief

Smash Rookie
I usually throw the bike up after that let it bounce on em try and hit with something from there (even waft sometimes) also throwing it down ontop of them does ALOT of damage

but u said bike not near opponent idk

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord
Good options if you are near your foe: Dtilt, Waft, F-Smash and Dair

If you are not near grounded foe: Dair, Bair, Waft

I usually Dair, but that is just me.

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
If your timing is spot-on (and it has to be; I imagine some characters can't even be hit by it), U-Air is likely best. 13%, the landing lag is quite small, and if the hit releases them, they don't go far at all, so you can follow up with something else; D-Air, Waft, another U-Air...

Top Bottom