• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Follow my lead as we work on this pose: Teampartner for WFT

AscWolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AscWolf
So, in my opinion :4wiifitm: is an excellent Character for Teams.
But he needs the correct partner to be succesfull.

What can :4wiifitm: do in teams in general?

+ support with good projectiles
+ can heal, camp and effectively tank stocks
+ can deal with weakened enemys offstage
+ wrecks damage up fast
+ (imo) amazing in 1vs.2
+ very good grab stance
+ fairly good setup throws
+ bthrow hits approaching enemys

- lacks of reliable KO options
- has problems with seperating enemy team mates
- gets problem with rushdown teams

Who are good Partners?

So far from my experience I can say that:

:4falcon:
+ can reach fast the middle of the battle
+ good at seperating teams
+ has reliable kill options with fsmash, bair or even fair

:4ryu:
+ cleans the field fast
+ bthrow > true shuryoken works well
+ :4wiifitm: can crouch Hadoken

:4wiifit:
+ hilarious to play
+ good stage controll with projectiles

- bad KO power
- gets destroyed by rushdown

for 3vs3:
:4wiifit::4wiifitm::4wiifit:
+ wrecks damage up very fast
+ excellent stage controll with various projectiles
+ almost no problems with recovery
+ http://gfycat.com/WateryClumsyBrownbutterfly

- needs to be very careful with projectiles
- still some troubling with KOs

:4wiifitm::rosalina::4ryu:
+ we can effectively tank stocks
+ :rosalina: can do some crazy stuff with our SS
+ :rosalina: juggles our uthrow victims
+ :4ryu: cleans the field fast

What are your experiences and what partner do you prefer and why?
btw 3vs3 is awesome :)

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
My partner uses Kirby and we do pretty well together.
Kirby can duck under almost all of your projectiles and uncharged SS doesn't hit him unless he's jumping, so you don't have to be very conservative with your projectiles.
His Dair can lead into a Header meteor smash which we have used to end stocks offstage. He can also eat you so his lack of projectiles is solved.
I could also see the Mother boys working out well since you can heal them when they need it.
I guess Game and Watch would also fit into that category, but Game and Watch + any projectile user is a usable combo, even if the strategy isn't very in-depth.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Wii Fit may not be so powerful in singles, but he shines like a diamond in dubs. He makes a power tank and support character, who can play a neat keep away game as well. Fast enough to assist in saving a distressed partner or team combos, good weight that allows him to tank, great recovery that provides longevity, great projectiles that act as anti air support(side b), and it's easier to land his kill moves in dubs.

Ideal partners would be the following:

**Olimar/Alph- Olimar is a ground based character, who usually forces enemies to jump. This is where Wii Fit comes in handy. A jump canceled side b goes above Olimars head and will pressure foes to stay grounded or hit aerial opponents. Partner Olimar can easily capitalize on this. Olimar controls he ground, while Wii Fit can play a good keep away game and hunt people off stage(something Olimar can't really do).

**Little Mac- Same as Olimar. Grounded based fighter who loves the anti air support Wii fit provides. Wii fit can also go offstage and do Nair to save a helpless little Mac.

**Wii Fit Trainer- Wii Fit is one of the few characters who does well in teams with himself/herself lol Wii fit Twerk team can do an evasive team and frustrate opponents with ledge camp, keep away and deadly off stage games. Many balls will be everywhere lol

**Villager- Amazing partner for Wii Fit. Villager can pocket your soccer ball and sun salutation. Both are scary kill moves when pocketed. Soccer ball is easily abusable by villager, since he can keep repocketing it. Both Villager and Wii Fit are very tanks based characters who are difficult to kill.

**Kirby- Does well with Wii Fit. Can duck under everything Wii Fit throws and he can copy ally Wii Fits power. Kirby with Sun Salutation is pretty scary.

**Ness/Lucas\Game&Watch- Basic absorb strategy. Wii Fit does very well with all 3.

**Sheik/Sonic/Fox/Mario-/Pikachu/Mii Brawler/Diddy Kong/Captain Falcon- All these are fast characters who get "in your face" easily. Wii Fit is all support and tank and these fast threats work wonders with Wii Fit. Wii Fit loves the quick pressure they all apply.

**Donkey Kong- Funny enough, he does very well with Wii Fit. "Wii Twerk Trainer, how the heck does a big target like DK do well with Wii Fit?" Haha I teamed up with DKWill at Paragon and did many dubs friendlies against some of the best teams in SoCal. We were dominating badly lol Despite DKWill and I never teaming before. We made it work. I played ultimate support and tank role, while DKwill was all aggro and getting early kills. DK is fast enough to act well in dubs, despite being a large target. This team works wonders.

Slow characters, tall characters, and characters who get pressures easily do not do well with Wii Fit . Wii Fit is built to support and requires a fast characters who can do hyper aggro very well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom