• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Floaties

usernamecloi

Smash Cadet
How do you deal with em'?

I usually camp them out, but that cant be applied to samus.

NonSequtur

Smash Cadet
Juggle, they can't do anything against a good juggle without good aerial mobility, a good teleport or a ton of jumps. Those who have those become more match-up specific.

Samus is stupid easy to juggle though, up-air/tilt beats all her downwards options and she can't dance or teleport like a Zelda or a MewTwo can.

For characters with those long omni-directional teleports (Zelda, MewTwo), it turns into a game of reads and beating them in neutral. I find MewTwo to be a problem though, you should ask someone else.

Jigglypuff is like melee, just beat her with your range, f-air's good, f-tilt's good. Put her into a protracted edge-guard then kill.

Metaknight's a pain, but Marth has good kill set-ups anyway, so juggles are less important. I think f-throw to f-smash is consistent.

Kirby has some interesting options, but so long as you can deal with the 2 cutter variants you should be good, just act like he's Jiggs, and make for a long edgeguard.

Dedede is easy to combo because you're not going to miss him. Put him on the back foot and spike or edgeguard. Watch for the disjoint though, especially f-tilt.

Peach is juggle fodder, just stay under her so long as she has no turnip. In neutral d-tilt is your friend, and I think f-throw to (wave) f-smash connects for a good while.

This is how I do it, but admittedly neither my friends nor I are really good. Corrections would be appreciated.

Last edited:

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Juggle, juggle, juggle. Once you get in, up-throw, up-tilt, fair, anything to get them up there and don't let them down. At high percentages go for a (non staled) upthrow or uptilt, (side b leads in to those). Any characters in specific so I can give better advice?

NonSequtur

Smash Cadet
Smaller is better usually, and this is a general Marth thing. Platforms are a negative unless you can easily cover them, a la Yoshi's Story.

usernamecloi

Smash Cadet
Onto edge guarding. Although it's predictable I can't edge guard samus when she's bomb jumping air dodge zair. any tips?

Top Bottom