• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flavorless Mafia III: Game Over. Who Won?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Votecount 1.5

1. Maven
2. UtopianPoyzin: Giraffelasergun, Raxxel
3. Raxxel
4. Z25
5. Giraffelasergun: UtopianPoyzin, Pythag
6. Pythag: Maven
7. Pokechu: Z25
8. Kary: Bessie
9. Bessie

Not Voting
Kary, Pokechu;

Important Game Links
Game Links and Vote Counts

Notes:
Bessie replaced in for ZestofLife. Changing handling of invalid votes. Counting Maven's (#129) as his last valid vote, as (#130) is invalid.

*= Currently being replaced
^= V/LA

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch
The deadline for Day 1 is March 11, at 11:59 PM EST.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here’s some things that I found notable in my initial read.

This feels to me like setting up an early excuse for bad reads.

How is this defending UP? Raxxel is literally claiming they are scum together. And why didn’t you switch your vote?

Can you clarify? Are you referring to games where you were town or mafia? I have not played with you before, but I don’t see how you can believe this is true. For most players, behavior will likely not be the same as town or as mafia, even though the differences may be subtle. If everyone always played consistently regardless of alignment, we would have no use for the day phases, other than to report night results and vote.

So at what point in the game do you start taking content seriously?

You actually considered that perhaps Kary believed you were claiming mafia roleblocker in your opening post? And just to be clear, your vote for Kary was serious and not RVS?

Why don’t you formulate your own reads?

So from this I assume you have been scum in your six immediately preceding games? I think that from your content on this page and by linking to the Law of Averages, you are trying to distract everyone by drawing attention to the unlikelihood of being scum seven times in a row (see Gambler’s Fallacy).

Ok, if we’re actually playing, please explain this actual vote.

What makes you think ZestOfLife is an inexperienced player? There was no information about past experience, except that this player might have played on MafiaScum, see post #18. This seems to me as you trying to look good by defending the new player, but at the same time leaving yourself an excuse to join a wagon, should one form.

Please do. You have very little other content.

So do you always rely heavily on meta in your reads?

How do you know this?

I don’t agree. I don't like to discard any content because I often find that there was something useful on the first page of a game, if I was smart enough to see it as such.

So why were you lurking instead of posting?

I don’t see this as anyone putting their neck on the line. Perhaps they’re just trying to generate some content among the plethora of active lurking that is going on in this game.

Post #174, I feel that this argument by Z25 defending his vote is weak.

This is not necessarily true. An experienced player is usually harder to read than a new player. An unknown player is unknown, and may turn out to be quite easy to read, if they are new. So are you a gut player, or do you rely heavily on meta for your reads? I am not clear from your posts, in post #37 you say “I’m really much more of a gut player” but in post #44 you say “I think I base my gut off of the meta” and then go on to say that your gut was on Raxxel in your previous game based but you cleared him on meta.
Welcome to the site and game,
And I’ve played like 30 plus games and Bren town in almost every one of them. 3rd party twice, and mafia in the last game was my first.

And it’s honestly the truth, I post fair amounts of content and my play style was always similar yet a lot of Nintendzone regulars before they left would still lynch me anyway and realize every time I was town and there was reallly nothing to indicate otherwise. There’s only like 3 genuine games where I kinda of blew up over stupid things on my slot by others. Which that’s fair for a lynch even though it should have been painfully obvious that I was town. But the main reason people used to lynch me in these games for awhile was just WIFOM and nothing else.

A term I find kinda of pointless in mafia because every time it happens and that slot gets lynched they’ve been town. I’ve seen it countless times here, so the use of it as a scum tell is pretty bad imo. That’s not really relevant currently however.

Anyway if you’ve caught up, any slot stand out as good or bad for you?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I will apologize for not getting to this before T-Rax answered it. I've been indulging in my vices and when I first read it I thought my answer would be obvious. So I paper-clipped it and continued to be lazy. But I'll put a better foot forward from now on and get to questions quicker since I can see why others answering them would be bad.
Who do you want to lynch today?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
bessie's entrance isn't bad but I can't help but think they're a psychopath for not using an avatar

also bessie bessie you're currently voting me thanks to Zesto. just thought you might want to correct that mistake.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
So at what point in the game do you start taking content seriously?
I would say about Mid D1? I don't consider much on openings, but after discussion progresses, I may go back and see how the beginning game is informed by the middle and onward.
This is not necessarily true. An experienced player is usually harder to read than a new player. An unknown player is unknown, and may turn out to be quite easy to read, if they are new. So are you a gut player, or do you rely heavily on meta for your reads? I am not clear from your posts, in post #37 you say “I’m really much more of a gut player” but in post #44 you say “I think I base my gut off of the meta” and then go on to say that your gut was on Raxxel in your previous game based but you cleared him on meta.
That's a fair point with regard to the experienced vs new player, I think I still air on the side of known is easier vs unknown, but not heavily. I wasn't exactly desiring to see the new player lynched, I just saw Kary's point, and it appeared pro town to me.

As far as am I gut or meta, it's probably not clear becuase I don't think I'm totally understanding myself either.

I gut read raxxel as town last game, and I couldn't necessarily find anything scummy he did aside from lack of activity.
but he turned out being scum. Even at the end I was almost positive that Kary or Wiisp was 'big brain bamboozling' me. So, there you go.

So I'm not even sure myself. Gut player who's just typically contrarian, and trying to learn to use meta? I could very well be using these terms wrong.

Almost every game I've played recently has been a disaster (for me), so I've been trying to look at what I'm doing 'wrong' and correct it for future games.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Okay, but I don't see how 'a mislynch is on the cards' when there was literally only me voting for Zesto
I meant that generally. Like if a player is harping on someone that you think is town, even if it's just that one player harping, it might be nice to step in and give your own two cents. If Poy was immediately voting those who even glanced at Zest LOL then that'd be weird. But just putting out your thoughts helps.

Who do you want to lynch today?
Honestly? From what I've seen toDay? Z or Pythag. Z because his arguments against me are just constructed very poorly. I'm mad in the first place cause it's against me LMAO, but I'm even MADDER that it's BAD. Like come on!!! If you're going to vote me, make it GOOD. STOMP me into the ground! Make me cry!! It feels like he just wanted to vote just to vote. See if he could get a real wagon going. Even his #192 terribly misrepresents one of my posts saying I was suggesting a wagon on Maven and that I approve of getting wagons on anyone for the heck of it. In his #174 he said he chose not to post because there's not much to say, but as town shouldn't you try to put more content out regardless? Even if it's asking players their stances on random things (like Poy asking me whether the ends justify the means). Staying silent just because "idk what to post" isn't good for town at all.

And Pythag is me kind of taking a shot in the dark but I feel like throughout the phase they've only been reacting. Like going with the flow. Just there. I think the slot hasn't been proactive enough, I don't get that vibe. lays tarot cards and ouija board out I'm getting a negative aura. He's asked a few questions this phase but they seem to be moreso clarification and not really trying to further a read or a perspective on someone, and overall he hasn't attracted much attention. His vote on GLG seems a bit unprompted considering how he didn't say much about the slot before IIRC. But I think my suspicion is partially due to me not having played with him before.

I'm also OK with T-Rax for the same reason, that I haven't played with them before. I don't feel guilty voting out a stranger ;);) I don't think the slot has done anything overtly scummy but it's D1 so it's too early to say someone's definitely scum and someone has to be the first to bite the bullet. So if Z's out, and Pythag's out, then I'd have to say him because those three players are the ones I'm least confident in. But now that Maven hasn't posted anything besides throwing shade at T-Rax, him too. I'm equally as unsure of Maven and T-Rax. My joke vote has unironically become a possible vote for me! I like when that happens

tl;dr Z, Pythag, T-Rax, or Maven. Z first, the rest in any order really.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
So why were you lurking instead of posting?
I was busy. I have homework!! :// college is tough!!! yall would not believe my horror stories!!!!!! I had time to keep up with the thread and skim posts but I just couldn't sit down and write. And I personally think it's better to post a lot in one sitting when you can focus entirely on analyzing, than post bits and pieces when you have five free minutes, because my mind usually isn't as clear. Not that it's ever clear to begin with :joyful:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Cool, Kary's town too. I'm conf!town now.

Unvote; Vote: Giraffelasergun

Okay now let's actually play.
You've had your vote on GLG since this post on Wednesday. Are you suspicious of the slot? What do you find scummy?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
tl;dr Z, Pythag, T-Rax, or Maven. Z first, the rest in any order really.
I don't like how you're using your vote this game.
It doesn't make sense to me that Maven is still in your lynch pool but you decided to unvote him.
I also don't really like that you said here you have a top lynch choice in Z25 but you're not voting for him.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I don't like how you're using your vote this game.
It doesn't make sense to me that Maven is still in your lynch pool but you decided to unvote him.
I also don't really like that you said here you have a top lynch choice in Z25 but you're not voting for him.
I still have a day! That's more than enough time to vote! 24 hours!

I feel bad using my vote. I get how it's a townie's top power and all but I always see it as knocking someone out the game. No one wants to quit playing! No one wants to be the loser out. I really get reamed every couple of games for this LOL , I got reamed for it at the Championships, but I just.... don't like voting.

With Maven I unvoted because the vote was solely a joke vote. But now that the phase is nearing its end, I have to seriously consider who to place my vote on. And he hasn't said anything for like 2 days? Boo :S

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
So what you're saying is you only do it when you're scum?
? Not necessarily . I only do it when someone makes me mad. Or I have a lot of faith that someone's scum. Because I feel too bad otherwise! Because it's because of ME they're not in the game anymore!!!! It's too much power for me to wield!!! :cry::cry::cry:

I mention the Championships because we all had never played with each other there, yet I think I recall a few people raised their eyebrows at me not voting. But I always feel bad. And I've been playing mafia for over two years!! Part of me says to get over it already! but the other part is RIDDLED with guilt and busts into tears

Someone should make me a voteless townie. Whoever hosts the next game, give me that role

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I only do it when someone makes me mad.
yeah LOL I know one game Bard made me PISSED!!!!!!!! don't remember why though LMAOOO I voted him on the spot and it felt GOOD!!!! i think he flipped town tho :X sorry barney

but yeah I hesitate voting especially when I have like a day left. I'll always try to have a vote in before Day's end but unless I have a lot of conviction I don't think I'm the type to put votes out early

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Pokechu Pokechu if it's so difficult for you, be my doublevote

Vote: Maven
Awwww, voting's not so scary when you do it with a good friend!!!! I'm down for this!!! What a great way to overcome my phobia - to become entirely dependent on other people! I can't imagine any drawbacks at all! LOL

Vote Maven

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
that didn't feel too bad!!! I really should've gotten past this forever ago... if I get hit in the face with guts though I might start shrieking for Z's head

But I'm OK with a Maven lynch. Shall scour the thread for interesting bits now. Toodles

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
do you seriously think there's nothing scummy about GLG?
do you think I should doublevote him and put him at L-1? I feel like it's better with three waggons at two votes.

I asked GLG how he felt about Zesto being replaced (#124) and then he peaced out of the thread. I have my eye on him.

idk if you're sarcastic or not.
I mean it's not gonna hurt to ask again but I just thought it was funny that both bessie and pokechu decided to ask poyzin about his vote after I did. (#182)

Don't know if there's a tell in there at all but it just kind of stuck out to me.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
do you think I should doublevote him and put him at L-1? I feel like it's better with three waggons at two votes.

I asked GLG how he felt about Zesto being replaced (#124) and then he peaced out of the thread. I have my eye on him.
My bad, I didn't look at the vote count.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
idk if you're sarcastic or not.
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin why are you voting GLG

Pokechu Pokechu #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary do you seriously think there's nothing scummy about GLG?
Looking at his post history I thought he had posted more. But he hasn't. He hasn't posted for like three days LOL ouch he's losing some points!!!!

but what he has posted, some of it I liked. His #91 gave unique perspectives, like suggesting T-Rax/UP were scum and the joke T-Rax made was foreshadowing that. But that's all he's really said. He isn't pinging my scum!GLG radar so far but I really thought he had more of a presence. Interesting

bessie

Smash Journeyman
bessie's entrance isn't bad but I can't help but think they're a psychopath for not using an avatar
Not psychopath; INTJ. I almost made this my avatar because I'm also passive aggressive:

Capture c.JPG

also bessie bessie you're currently voting me thanks to Zesto. just thought you might want to correct that mistake.
You are correct, I did not realize I was voting.

Unvote

And I’ve played like 30 plus games and Bren town in almost every one of them. 3rd party twice, and mafia in the last game was my first.

And it’s honestly the truth, I post fair amounts of content and my play style was always similar yet a lot of Nintendzone regulars before they left would still lynch me anyway and realize every time I was town and there was reallly nothing to indicate otherwise. There’s only like 3 genuine games where I kinda of blew up over stupid things on my slot by others. Which that’s fair for a lynch even though it should have been painfully obvious that I was town. But the main reason people used to lynch me in these games for awhile was just WIFOM and nothing else.
Ok, so your’re saying that your behavior was always the same because your alignment was always the same (town)? Thank you for clarifying, I thought perhaps you believed your behavior was always the same regardless of alignment.

Anyway if you’ve caught up, any slot stand out as good or bad for you?
My initial gut feeling last night, based on that first read, without a reread:

Town
bessie
Kary
Pokechu
Raxxel
Z25
UtopianPoyzin
Maven89
giraffelasergun
Pythag
Scum

Almost every game I've played recently has been a disaster (for me), so I've been trying to look at what I'm doing 'wrong' and correct it for future games.
Maybe that’s what’s wrong, trying to teach yourself to play “right”. Which in itself is scummy, because you’re trying to play like town, instead of just being town (if you are in fact town).

also if more people could ask Poyzin why he is voting for GLG it would really help me out.
I'm already asking him to explain his vote in #197.

After a quick reread, I'm happy with my current town-scum list, and would vote for any of my bottom three.

giraffelasergun - Pushing for content #121. This was his last post, and he hasn’t been back.

Pythag - A lot of words filling the page but no focus and no scumhunting.

Maven89 - #60 trying to justify his vote for Kary, and also trying to justify unvoting. #83 doesn’t like Raxxel, promises to vote later (why didn’t he just vote when he posted?), and explain and doesn’t. When he does vote, he turns it in to a joke, by immediately voting for Pythag, then Xivii in his next posts.

@Mods, on this site would an invalid vote automatically count as an unvote?

Just want to be clear on the mechanics, I’m trying to figure out if Maven knew is vote for Xivii would remove his vote on Pythag.

Now I'm thinking the scum team could be Maven and Pythag.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
While you may have done it just to do it, it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen scum link stuff for the other one. Mainly because it can be seen as helping players and seemingly a little more town because of it
How is UP linking the post different than when you answer Kary's question to Maven about why he claimed Jailer? I get the rest of the points you're trying to make but this specific one I'm having a bit of an issue with.

GLG thinks a Raxxel flip doesn't impact how he feels about/interprets UP's alignment.
GLG's vote is on UP, but leaving the option for raxxel to still be scum?

Does a UP flip inform raxxel's alignment at all? Or would you still consider a raxxel vote after a UP flip?

unvote
vote GLG
I didn't say a Raxxel flip would doesn't impact how I would view UP/s alignment, I just said I wouldn't use Raxxel's opening post in my determination.
Other than this post what do you find scummy about me? The last time you mentioned me you said you agreed with a lot of what I was saying.

people sure changed their tune on Raxxel already eh.

Unvote

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin i want you to explain and justify your vote right now.

giraffelasergun giraffelasergun same question.
None of their content gives me reason to change my vote. He felt the need to say multiple times that he was town, without any prompt. He spent a lot of time talking about his statistical fallacy stuff and posted a read list but hasn't really provided his thoughts behind anything yet.

Why are you voting Maven?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nah it's a good question. You seem kinda confident on GLG though. I saw what you posted in #180, is there anything more to your GLG read?
Actually what bessie picked up on I liked
Basically, I know that Raxxel is joking by saying he and Utopian are scum buddies, but town or scum raxxel could be making that post.
Asking GLG how he 'knows' that Raxel (or UP) is joking.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I think that from your content on this page and by linking to the Law of Averages, you are trying to distract everyone by drawing attention to the unlikelihood of being scum seven times in a row (see Gambler’s Fallacy).
Sad hours. The "law" is purportedly a fallacy. Being anti-town 6 times in a row does not change my odds for the seventh. I know stats.

This was objectively more important to me than a GLG iso so I'll be doing that next m'kay

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
Bessie said:
How is this defending UP? Raxxel is literally claiming they are scum together. And why didn’t you switch your vote?
He voted for me for voting for UP, that seems like defending someone to me.
Bessie said:
How do you know this?
Know was the wrong word to use here, but I don't think any player would in their opening post be serious and say "we are the scum team"

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
An invalid vote would count as not voting, yes. For example, a vote on Ranmaru or Xiivi is invalid. Yet if you vote a player and misspell it, it'll be counted.

Ignore this. After discussing this with my co-mod, we'll simply handle it by counting as if the vote never changed to keep things simple. To act along this, I'll be changing Maven's vote to what he had previously.

Last edited:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
@Mods, on this site would an invalid vote automatically count as an unvote?
I would say that was non-standard on this site, but on the other hand I can't point to any autoritative standard that we have in place. It tends to be more an individual mod's ruling. Mostly commenting to suggest you tag ranmaru ranmaru and Xivii Xivii directly.

======================================================================

Since I have your attention, I would like to hear what makes you town read Pokechu, if there's anything in particular you can point to, for instance.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't say a Raxxel flip would doesn't impact how I would view UP/s alignment, I just said I wouldn't use Raxxel's opening post in my determination.
Other than this post what do you find scummy about me? The last time you mentioned me you said you agreed with a lot of what I was saying.
I agreed with your thing about people saying 'I'm town or I'm scum' and how that's annoying.
I initially read your post as you thinking both UP and Rax were joking, but when you 'clarified', it struck me more that your vote was on UP, whom I didn't think was scummy, but you were also trying to leave it open to still vote him regardless of Raxxel flip.

Okay but I want to know what YOU think, or is that about the extent of it?
His play reminded me very much of last game, as z25 was trying to find a reason to both vote me and exlight. I didn't totally want to bring in an example from another game, as that doesn't seem very cool to do, but it the comparison seemed to jump out to me.

saying a 'Town or scum rax' could've made this post seemed...idk, it just seemed off to me. Of all the posts that have been made, that's been the one that just really stuck out to me. I don't have much else. I'm pretty null on most things.

Pokechu vs DBZ25 talk about activity seemed pointless to me, and I didn't think that accomplished much.
Raxxel and UP seem par for the course (although Z25 brought up that could be UP scum tell, him bouncing around a lot) And their joking about be
Maven just totally dipped
Bessie hasn't had the opportunity to post much, but I like what he's saying, and I don't read much into Zest's inactivity.
Kary I thought was town, though I'm confused by this recent pokechu interaction.

Currently :

Kary
Bessie

UP
Raxxel
z25 - DBZ
Pokechu
Maven

GLG

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Here is the GLG Iso 'N More™

Everything is going to be rated either "useless" or "not".

Vote: Utopian

Utopian and Raxxel are always scum, if we lynch the two of them we win
Useless ^

You disappeared for months! You tell me if we're still husbands.

I think of the players in the game, I've never played with ZestofLife(also hello ZestofLife, nice to meet you!) so I don't think I have a good read on them. There are a lot of people in this game I'm inclined to town read just off of general vibes. But in general I think I have the hardest time reading Up and Pythag. I feel like I have an easy time reading you, and will probably decide what your alignment is before End of Day 1 and stick with it for the rest of the game.

Raxxel is a little suspicious for defending UP so hard, maybe I should switch my vote.
Potentially debatable, but nothing extraordinary. Scum can also say that Raxxel is a little sus. I gain nothing from this post. +Useless

Of the games we played together and both played the full game I’m 3 for 3, being Nabe’s Upick, Ryus Fire and ice, and My Mafia Academia.
Useless ^

This might be a bit nit picky, but the chance of you being scum this game is independent of the fact that you've been scum for the past six games. The probability of you being scum is still the same as everyone else this game.

Is there a particular reason that you made this vote?
Useless ^

My Vote's on UP Right now. Raxxel's opening post was a joke about him and UP being scum buddies, and I'm interpreting it as a joke but saying Rax and UP are scum buddies as a joke for it to be true in the log run. The line of questioning being about how people will read him based off of the last game did seem to be self preservation at first until he explained it, but I think self preservation seems to be a common thing for newbies to do regardless of alignment. More experienced players know that being defensive without pressure comes across as scummy.

UP's opening seems to be mostly jokes/improper use of statistics so far so It's a bit null to me. I don't like it when players feel the need to say they're town, even if it is a joke so I'm going to remember that part.

I would want to see ZestofLife post more before we decide to lynch them. They asked about how our meta compares which leads me to believe they are experienced. Are you worried about they're experience in regards to your lylo fear, or is it more that you want players in lylo that you feel you can Meta read better?

Z25 Z25 Who is your biggest scum read right now? If you don't feel like a player is scum who is the player you're reading as least town?
Not. Let's look at this post some more.

"The line of questioning being about how people will read him based off of the last game did seem to be self preservation at first until he explained it, but I think self preservation seems to be a common thing for newbies to do regardless of alignment."

While I do agree with the last bit here, my interpretation is that Raxxel is playing with a lot more confidence, which is fantastic in my opinion. They were able to joke around early on about how Pythag was immediately cleared because he posted a meme, which is a far cry from how they used to play. And I don't fault Raxxel at all here; they now have participated in several games, and I do believe that they know what they are doing, and are well aware about the implications of self-preservation. I personally wouldn't judge the above comment as an attempt at self-preservation; instead, I view it to be a notice that they are planning on changing their game style, and were curious whether people would see this change as "against the meta". I'd love to hear more from cool, calm, and collected Raxxel. ("Oooh but you're defending Raxxel". I did a similar thing in MMA after I had a few games under my belt. Granted I was scum there, but it was how I planned on playing that game anyway.) I'm harping here a ton because I don't think there's much to harp on in general. A lot of filler in my opinion.

"They asked about how our meta compares which leads me to believe they are experienced. Are you worried about their experience in regards to your lylo fear, or is it more that you want players in lylo that you feel you can Meta read better?"

AH sorry didn’t mean to be the fun police!
Useless ^

Basically, I know that Raxxel is joking by saying he and Utopian are scum buddies, but town or scum raxxel could be making that post. I would not use that post as an indicator to UP's alignment if we get a Raxxel flip.

I don't like that Zest has only made one post. I'd be fine with lynching them today if they don't get more active. I want to see Maven's case on Raxxel. Also want Pokechu to post on other things like he promised. Do people have hobbies outside of mafia? That's not allowed.
"I don't like that Zest has only made one post. I'd be fine with lynching them today if they don't get more active."

Eww, a D1 inactive lynch for a slot that appears will be replaced. Yucky. This also comes off of their previous comment of:

"They asked about how our meta compares which leads me to believe they are experienced. Are you worried about their experience in regards to your lylo fear, or is it more that you want players in lylo that you feel you can Meta read better?"

A lot of this stems from the brewing of paranoia that a slot that we haven't played with can single-handedly throw the game for town, which I disagree with. While it would be useful to know a player's history, lynching a slot under the premise that it "could be ambiguous" in the future seems premature and, if I can say it, a way to fearmonger townies to get rid of a slot that hasn't acted particularly scummy.

How is UP linking the post different than when you answer Kary's question to Maven about why he claimed Jailer? I get the rest of the points you're trying to make but this specific one I'm having a bit of an issue with.

None of their content gives me reason to change my vote. He felt the need to say multiple times that he was town, without any prompt. He spent a lot of time talking about his statistical fallacy stuff and posted a read list but hasn't really provided his thoughts behind anything yet.

Why are you voting Maven?
Debatable, but I feel like a lot of the stuff here could be faked. There is nothing that spurs me with "that's a townie reaction". I recuse to comment on the first bit, the second bit is a touch of self defense, and seems to try to get Pythag to slip up with a contradiction. I also recuse to comment on the last bit. This is probably his best post though.

Know was the wrong word to use here, but I don't think any player would in their opening post be serious and say "we are the scum team"
Useless ^

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970

I played in a game where the cult leader outed himself in his first post but nobody lynched him until D3 or something like that.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
saying a 'Town or scum rax' could've made this post seemed...idk, it just seemed off to me. Of all the posts that have been made, that's been the one that just really stuck out to me. I don't have much else. I'm pretty null on most things.
So you don't have an opinion on the way GLG changed his mind about voting Zesto? That was the number one thing that stuck out to me.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
So you don't have an opinion on the way GLG changed his mind about voting Zesto? That was the number one thing that stuck out to me.
I saw you jump on that, but that I actually followed. He wasn't ok with voting zesto for being a noob, but he's more ok with an inactive lynch, which, is what it seemed to be turning into. The outcome may look the same, but I follow that line of thinking at least.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Updated Vote-count to reflect the new handling of invalid votes.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I saw you jump on that, but that I actually followed. He wasn't ok with voting zesto for being a noob, but he's more ok with an inactive lynch, which, is what it seemed to be turning into. The outcome may look the same, but I follow that line of thinking at least.
Okay that's fair.
Can you make a comparison to Fire & Lightning mafia? GLG was scum and you were town that game.

Top Bottom