• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flash Help Please!!!

0m3n5150

Smash Journeyman
i JUST got flash today and ive been working in it all day. i understand the BARE basics, but not much else.

im trying to make a button, that when rolled over, skips from keyframe 1 to keyframe 5. the Graphics and text on the button are tweened, but not combined. anyways, not only changes when its rolled over, but also if you click it, it will display a message above.
here is a screenshot of my timeline:

so now you know what i want to do, i wrote this actionscript in hopes that it would be able to do it.

problem is, when i go to ctrl+enter, it just repeats itself, like it was a regular movie... i dont know how to stop it from repeating, or even from starting... i also get errors that i dont know what they mean... xD

please help,
om3n

PS: if you have any suggestions on editing my timeline to work, or be more effecient, please tell me =)

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
I haven't done any Flash/Actionscript for about 3 years, so I'm probably really bad at it now =[
I'll try to help though.
From what I see, it seems that the movie is gonna play from frames 1-6 no matter if you have your mouse roll over the button or not. Is that what you wanted?
Your script looks okay i think. You have made your button a button symbol right?
And instead of skipping to a frame, maybe it would be better to make it play a movie symbol, depending on what your purpose is.

Hope this helps =D

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

i JUST got flash today and ive been working in it all day. i understand the BARE basics, but not much else.

im trying to make a button, that when rolled over, skips from keyframe 1 to keyframe 5. the Graphics and text on the button are tweened, but not combined. anyways, not only changes when its rolled over, but also if you click it, it will display a message above.
here is a screenshot of my timeline:

so now you know what i want to do, i wrote this actionscript in hopes that it would be able to do it.

problem is, when i go to ctrl+enter, it just repeats itself, like it was a regular movie... i dont know how to stop it from repeating, or even from starting... i also get errors that i dont know what they mean... xD

please help,
om3n

PS: if you have any suggestions on editing my timeline to work, or be more effecient, please tell me =)
this is easy man. You need a stop action at the end of your button. Else the it will just go 1 through 6.

create a new layer for action script.

create a key frame after the 6 th frame in the btns.

in action script type
stop();

Top Bottom