• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flare Blitz Ledge Cancel

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So this is a thing.

I haven't seen this mentioned before, but this has some amazing possibilities. Especially for shield breaks.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Meh, this would be amazing if we could actually control the recoil trajectory (can't Sheik do that?) but low tiers don't get that luxury xD I guess you can try and memorize the positioning for it and mash a second Flare Blitz out just in case, but the spacing is entirely dependent on your opponent so... good luck getting this.

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
It's not that hard per say as once u get it its just with u forever for the most part. But hey it reintroduces the concepts and its good for people who are starting to use zard/never seen this before… multiple uses weakens it's utility

Last edited:

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
Meh, this would be amazing if we could actually control the recoil trajectory (can't Sheik do that?) but low tiers don't get that luxury xD I guess you can try and memorize the positioning for it and mash a second Flare Blitz out just in case, but the spacing is entirely dependent on your opponent so... good luck getting this.
Bottom tier, get it right. =3

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually originally typed bottom and thought you guys would tell me I'm too harsh xD
Well, at this point, he is.

I just think he can move up a substantial amount.

charizardbro

Smash Apprentice

So this is a thing.

I haven't seen this mentioned before, but this has some amazing possibilities. Especially for shield breaks.
There was a post about it sometime ago. Nobody ever made a video though. This is pretty cool but largely useless. All your opponent has to do is not stand in the right spot.

I don't think sheik has any moves that produce recoil quite like Zard's flare blitz.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Both of those moves are guidable on the front end too though (whereas flare blitz is not). I don't think there is any move comparable to flare blitz in the game outside of fox and falcos sspecial but that passes through shields.
You can cancel both of those by double tapping the B button to shorten your length.

What Zard has over all of those is strong KO power, large damage, super armor galore and huge distance.

He doesn't get mix up utility, but just raw power.

Top Bottom