• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flan's Wario Videos

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I have a decent Wario and I am look for some feedback. Let me know if there is something I need to work on.

Flan(Wario) vs Diver(Olimar) 2-2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IRGd3t-IzI

Flan(Wario) vs Diver(Olimar) 2-3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mNV0AmDT8k

Flan(Wario) vs Brian(Meta Knight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdtjz4VnxUs

Flan(Wario) vs Brian(Meta Knight)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z332Ca6Ijc8

Flan(Wario) vs Morte(Lucario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_HdM2Ldxyc

Thanks in advance,
~Flan~

Flan

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm trying to find different ways to use the bite right now to improve my game. I found that it can work as an edge guard sometimes. I'm looking for some other ways.

Thanks for the advice.

Tin

Smash Journeyman
Another tip is always try to land your aerials behind them or DI the aerials away after using it to avoid being grabbed. Oh, and if you're not grabbed or attacked after an aerial, FORWARD SMASH...if they're in range, and looks like they always are in those videos. I also don't see a lot of successful Dairs, learn to use it well and love it!

Also, your Wario's approach is very very predictable. Whenever you're sent upward by an attack, you ALWAYS seem to come down towards them with an aerial, and then your opponent just walk away and either grab/tilt/smash you. Switch it up, Wario's aerial game is amazing, don't just fall towards your opponent, fly around a bit and BAM. Hit them. Don't be greedy and don't think your opponent is stupid enough to fall for your aerial when you're obviously falling down and attacking them with it.

Oh and these are just minor problems, Out of Shield. You don't take advantage of it enough. Remember, your Nair/Dair are very good out of shield. Wario's grab to Dthrow is also very amazing. Dthrow -> (possibly) another Dthrow or just Fsmash/Ftilt. And then there's the fart, you don't have to be fully charged to use it, whip it out unexpectedly near the ledge and I guarantee you it will KO. Especially against Metaknight since he's kinda light and loves to chase you off the ledge.

But enough to criticisms, I love your usage of tilts! Very effective, but don't mindlessly spam Ftilt. lol

PS: Against Metaknight (or anybody really), Uair kills very early.

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
I would say utilize more throws into your game.
Im not too keen on using his dash attack, I opt for an up smash followed to an aerial chain.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I would say utilize more throws into your game.
Im not too keen on using his dash attack, I opt for an up smash followed to an aerial chain.
I have started to add in some throws, I find his Forward throw to be very useful since it looks like a back throw.

uh, that waft to uair was sexy as hell.
Thanks, that is one of my favourite ways to kill players ;)

Another tip is always try to land your aerials behind them or DI the aerials away after using it to avoid being grabbed. Oh, and if you're not grabbed or attacked after an aerial, FORWARD SMASH...if they're in range, and looks like they always are in those videos. I also don't see a lot of successful Dairs, learn to use it well and love it!

Also, your Wario's approach is very very predictable. Whenever you're sent upward by an attack, you ALWAYS seem to come down towards them with an aerial, and then your opponent just walk away and either grab/tilt/smash you. Switch it up, Wario's aerial game is amazing, don't just fall towards your opponent, fly around a bit and BAM. Hit them. Don't be greedy and don't think your opponent is stupid enough to fall for your aerial when you're obviously falling down and attacking them with it.

Oh and these are just minor problems, Out of Shield. You don't take advantage of it enough. Remember, your Nair/Dair are very good out of shield. Wario's grab to Dthrow is also very amazing. Dthrow -> (possibly) another Dthrow or just Fsmash/Ftilt. And then there's the fart, you don't have to be fully charged to use it, whip it out unexpectedly near the ledge and I guarantee you it will KO. Especially against Metaknight since he's kinda light and loves to chase you off the ledge.

But enough to criticisms, I love your usage of tilts! Very effective, but don't mindlessly spam Ftilt. lol

PS: Against Metaknight (or anybody really), Uair kills very early.
Thanks fo rthe advice, I'll take all of it into consideration. I know my out of shield game isn't the best and I will definately cut back on the Ftilts (althought is has lots of range. :))

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
All of those matches were good (or at least the five I've seen so far), and the only criticism I've got is the same as Blarfenzo's: you should use the bite, it will throw the opponent off his game. Especially that Metaknight, who isn't that much of a ranged character that he can avoid the bite easily.

Flan

Smash Journeyman
All of those matches were good (or at least the five I've seen so far), and the only criticism I've got is the same as Blarfenzo's: you should use the bite, it will throw the opponent off his game. Especially that Metaknight, who isn't that much of a ranged character that he can avoid the bite easily.
I've tried to find usefulness in his bite, but it is hard to find. I still occasionally use it for Mindgames :p

OMFG!! there s actually a person using wario in bikersuit :O
:D great vids! (y)
I love that type of Wario, it makes me win! :)

Lawl. Best. Logic. Ever.
In a way, it actually makes sense. ;)

Top Bottom