• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fjorm Breaks The Ice! - Fjorm For Smash Ultimate!

Do You Want Fjorm in Smash?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice

Fjorm, The Princess of Nifl, joins the battle!
Legendary Lance User debuting in Fire Emblem Heroes.

Fjorm Splash Card FINAL Shadow blue.png

Moveset
Jab: Sequential Lance Stabs; like Palutena's.
Functions like Zelda's if she isn't wielding her Lance.
Dash Attack: Slides across the floor; like Mario's but larger.
More powerful when wielding her Lance, which delivers a finishing stab.
Forward Tilt: Lunges Lance a short distance with the tip emitting a cold aura.
Up Tilt: Stands her Lance upright with the tip emitting a cold aura.
Down Tilt: Like Marth's low sword stab. Can trip.

Pummel: Stabs opponent with her lance, which emits an icy wind.
Forward Throw: Lunges Lance forward at a slight angle, launching the victim.
Back Throw: Freezes foe and tosses them behind her in an arching motion.
Up Throw: Lunges Lance upward, launching the victim vertically.
Down Throw: Freezes foe and crashes them into the ground.

Neutral Air: Strikes a Star Pose while airborne.
More powerful but longer when wielding Lance.
F-Air, B-Air, U-Air: Stab. Freezes at the tip.
D-Air: Stab. Meteor Effect.

F-Smash, U-Smash: Icicle Summon.
A sharp ice spike manifests and strikes.
Travels a short distance before crashing downwards.

D-Smash: Stabs downward in front of her and then behind.
First hit connects into the second; like Ganondorf's.

Neutral Special: Lance Stab. Chargeable.
Similar to Marth's Shield Breaker. Tip freezes at full power.
Freezing causes greater cooldown, however.

Side Special: Throws her Lance in an arch; like a javelin.
Freezes opponents at the tip upon descent, increasing in power.
Remains grounded until picked up or after a fixed amount of time has passed.
This time will be shorter than that required for King K. Rool's krown.

Up Special: Lance Dance
Lunges upwards at a slight angle.
Final frames freeze opponents.

Down Special: Ice Mirror.
This counter freezes opponents and has a much larger multiplier than average;

it is designed to deliver low knockback but devastating damage!
If triggered by a projectile, the offender will be frozen instantly
for a period of time, dependent on the damage dealt.
Damage multiplier 1.5× (minimum 12%)

0.75x (min 6%) (if triggered by a projectile)

Final Smash: Blizzard.
A snowstorm unleashes from the tip of her Lance.
Giant snowflakes inflict damage on those who make contact.
The closer the opponent, the more powerful!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dsp0yopEU6lgi26kFMk_SO6Zu-JntFRo/view?usp=sharing

Victory Animations

Palette Swaps
Smash Ult Simple Icons.png
Standard Stock Icon Kindly Provided by Pakky

Fjorm_Concept_Art_1.jpg

Supporter List (18)
MacDaddyNook --- TheMagicalKuja --- WhiteEaglePL --- Russell_SSB --- Gallowglass
Indefinite Minimum --- Midnight Torch --- MarineIris --- SEGAGameBoy --- RileyXY1
Saenen --- Altais
--- Roberk ---
Artix --- P.Kat --- Tew --- psb 123 --- I

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
If she got in, that would mean 75% of my main Heroes team would be Smash competitors. I'm down with that; lance/blue units need more love.

I would make her counter be projectile activated only like her special in Heroes. She could have some sort of retaliation that hits her foe from afar, like one of her abilities. Down Special counters are so overused that it'd be nice to have it be more different.

Saenen

Smash Rookie
I could actually see this as a real possibility. I hope if she is added that we'll get some moves based on her appearance in the FE:H book 2 trailer, such as the "ice laser" and icicle summoning. I also hope that her ice mirror wouldn't be another counter, since in Heroes it triggers at 2 range exclusively. Because of this, I think it'd be a nice opportunity for a reflect, which would also break up the relative monotony of Fire Emblem characters' down b's.

Edit: fixed a typo, and also it seems that MacDaddyNook had a similar idea for her ice mirror.

Last edited:

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
I would make her counter be projectile activated only like her special in Heroes. She could have some sort of retaliation that hits her foe from afar, like one of her abilities. Down Special counters are so overused that it'd be nice to have it be more different.
Thanks for your feedback.

Maybe give her a counter that has greater range if triggered by a projectile? Also, have it function as a reflector?

I hope if she is added that we'll get some moves based on her appearance in the FE:H book 2 trailer, such as the "ice laser" and icicle summoning. I also hope that her ice mirror wouldn't be another counter, since in Heroes it triggers at 2 range exclusively. Because of this, I think it'd be a nice opportunity for a reflect, which would also break up the relative monotony of Fire Emblem characters' down b's.
Alright. Will check that out.

Good point; a reflect would be a welcome change!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
A reflector is a bit better, at least it would be new to a FE fighter. I'm still hoping for something more unique, though I'm not sure how to implement such a function.

In Heroes, he main special ability let's her tank a projectile and the dish a punishment to the attacking character. It exclusively works with ranged attacks so a traditional counter would not work for this type of move.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
In Heroes, her main special ability let's her tank a projectile and the dish a punishment to the attacking character. It exclusively works with ranged attacks so a traditional counter would not work for this type of move.
I like it!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I'd be okay with this, so long as she wasn't the only FE newcomer.

But I've been parading the idea of an ice based character for some time. the Ice Climbers kind of barely use it in their kit, and I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo used Smash to advertise their mobile business, especially with FEH since it's making them so much cash.

It'd probably hurt me if she was the only FE new face though. Unless she shows up in FE Switch. That'd be dope too.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
I'd be okay with this, so long as she wasn't the only FE newcomer.

But I've been parading the idea of an ice based character for some time. the Ice Climbers kind of barely use it in their kit, and I wouldn't be shocked if Nintendo used Smash to advertise their mobile business, especially with FEH since it's making them so much cash.

It'd probably hurt me if she was the only FE new face though. Unless she shows up in FE Switch. That'd be dope too.
I kind of agree. She's fresh but is she worthy?

Future appearances would help flesh her out.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I was thinking about how to make a ranged counter work, and I had the idea of her blocking a projectile and an ice spike rising up from the ground wherever the opponent is.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I was thinking about how to make a ranged counter work, and I had the idea of her blocking a projectile and an ice spike rising up from the ground wherever the opponent is.
I think that could work. It would be different from a traditional counter since it would be exclusive to projectiles and be used as some form of anti-camping maneuver. Maybe have a variation with the ice striking from above for characters in the air, still dodge-able to a degree, but at least forces spammers to approach differently.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
I think that could work. It would be different from a traditional counter since it would be exclusive to projectiles and be used as some form of anti-camping maneuver. Maybe have a variation with the ice striking from above for characters in the air, still dodge-able to a degree, but at least forces spammers to approach differently.
Like the idea but might be more practical have the Ice Spike long and thin.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Like the idea but might be more practical have the Ice Spike long and thin.
That would be good. We don't want it to be overpowered, just enough to be practical and true to her signature ability. Speed is another concern since some characters (I'm looking at you Fox) have a very fast projectile rate.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
It occurred to me that the ice spike could shoot up from the ground into the air, like a missile.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
That would be good. We don't want it to be overpowered, just enough to be practical and true to her signature ability. Speed is another concern since some characters (I'm looking at you Fox) have a very fast projectile rate.
Power and length of spike will depend on power of projectile.

It occurred to me that the ice spike could shoot up from the ground into the air, like a missile.
OP unless the icicle can only hit once.

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
That could work too. It'd be pretty amusing watching ice shards rocket into the sky like that. Maybe it could even lead to some oddball situational strategy in team battles that could catch foes by surprise.

Power and length of spike will depend on power of projectile.
I like that idea.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Personally I would prefer it just be a spike that rises from the ground, but I guess canonically, it should be able to hit pegasus knights, et cetera.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
OP unless the icicle can only hit once.
Since it is only activated by projectiles, I don't think it would be too OP since it would be completely useless against characters like DK, Captain Falcon and Marth. I would imagine the rate would be slow enough for it not to be spamable, and in FFA matches, only the character sending out the initial projectile would be targeted, so she would still be fair game to all other elements and foes.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
The idea of Fjorm being playable actually crossed my mind a while ago, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it. It's a bit of a long shot, but Heroes is Nintendo's most successful mobile game by a wide margin, so she has that going for her.

Last edited:

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
She is actually my top new FE support. Her leaping finisher attack was the immediate thing that came to mind. I'd love to see her, especially since Smash is short on spear reps from FE.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
The idea of Fjorm being playable actually crossed my mind a while ago, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. The more I thought about it, the more I liked it. It's a bit of a long shot, but Heroes is Nintendo's most successful mobile game by a wide margin, so she has that going for her.
It makes me wonder how much Smash will acknowledge Nintendo's mobile endeavors. Regardless of the device, they are Nintendo games after all.

Heroes is a very good take on the series and I'm glad to see it do well.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
400 Views? Not far off 500 now!

It makes me wonder how much Smash will acknowledge Nintendo's mobile endeavors. Regardless of the device, they are Nintendo games after all.

Heroes is a very good take on the series and I'm glad to see it do well.
It would be a mistake to not celebrate Nintendo's Mobile success. Including characters from that platform would be the perfect way to do so. Dark Lucina never appeared on Wii U so it's not out the realm!

Was thinking I should probably make a Supporters List. If you're up for signing, let me know.

rockerpikmin

Smash Apprentice
More good news for the series!

SXSW Gaming Awards Winner 2018
Mobile Game of the Year: Fire Emblem Heroes

Saenen

Smash Rookie
You can throw me on the support list too. I definitely think there's potential here.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
honestly she would be very cool to play as. Another ice type character and a spear user.

hopefully mobile titles will be in the next smash, so maybe she can come out of that FeH gun.

Roberk

Smash Champion
While I do feel characters from spin-offs should be kept in their respective games (Heroes, Warriors) Fjorm definitely has the potential to be elevated to Smash levels of importance when it comes to representing and promoting FE.

Heroes rains money, and while Pokemon GO might be more "successful" on a commercial level, the fact that a Fire Emblem mobile game can make the amount it's making with no signs of stopping shows just how important Heroes is to the franchise and Nintendo mobile as a whole.

Personally, I'd prefer Ephraim or Azura to rep lances as they've had much more consistent popularity and are from main series games compared to a mobile game (however successful it may be.) However, I'd still be excited for Fjorm and gladly support her in Smash. Plus, why not multiple new FE reps/lance users? gets lynched

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
While I do feel characters from spin-offs should be kept in their respective games (Heroes, Warriors) Fjorm definitely has the potential to be elevated to Smash levels of importance when it comes to representing and promoting FE.

Heroes rains money, and while Pokemon GO might be more "successful" on a commercial level, the fact that a Fire Emblem mobile game can make the amount it's making with no signs of stopping shows just how important Heroes is to the franchise and Nintendo mobile as a whole.

Personally, I'd prefer Ephraim or Azura to rep lances as they've had much more consistent popularity and are from main series games compared to a mobile game (however successful it may be.) However, I'd still be excited for Fjorm and gladly support her in Smash. Plus, why not multiple new FE reps/lance users? gets lynched
As song as they're not sword users, and don't co-out with a traditional Down-B counter, I'm happy with more Fire Emblem fighters.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Glad I decided to peek into the Fire Emblem Heroes Discussion Thread, which lead me here.

Fjorm actually looks pretty cool. At least, I think so. Also, the name is pretty clever. From Fire Emblem, I've always wanted both a mage and a lance-wielder in Smash, as they would be completely different from Marth, Ike, and the other sword users. That said, I was a huge supporter of Micaiah and Robin, and was glad when the latter got revealed.

In the pre-Brawl days, I was a huge supporter of Ephraim. However, I lost all hope by the Smash 4 days, since his game was outdated. When Fire Emblem Fates was revealed, that support shifted to Azura. Sadly, but understandably, Corrin beat her to punch.

Now, that support has officially shifted to Fjorm. Personally, I find her much more interesting than Sharena. She also seems to be an intriguing character, personality-wise. I especially like her code of honour of repaying favours--be they good or bad; the former shown by her devotion to the Summoner for saving her, and the latter shown by her desire to avenge her mother. Plus, I'm biased toward the ice element, so that earns her points from me. I'd say she stands a chance, since she's recent, unique, and is from a popular Nintendo mobile game. And whom knows? Maybe she'll be the main character of Fire Emblem Switch. At least, I hope so. [EDIT] Now that I've actually read through the Wikis, I can already see how she would work. I might just write a moveset for her, if I have the time.

I vote YES.

Last edited:
Top Bottom