• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Five-Punch Jab Combo? Sweet! Pointless!

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
So the last "Hey, check out what I figured out all on my own" thread turned into a "Hey, check out what's already been figured out and also, I'm a doofus" thread. Hopefully this does not repeat, lest I develop some kind of nervous twitch.

Anyway.

I should preface this by saying that this in and of itself is entirely useless, and the only reason I'm talking about it is because it could lead to something cooler based on it's implications, and frankly, Falcon needs all the hope he can muster.

Essentially, it's just a five-punch Jab combo, instead of the normal four. Sweet! The Good Captain punches, punches again, knees, punches again, then rapid fire punches.

[STEPS TO PERFORM]

1. Press A twice to do the first two punches of the Jab Combo.
2. Delay, press A again to do the gentlemanly knee without the rapid punches at the end.
3. Delay a bit, press A to restart a jab combo.
4. Press and hold A a fifth time to automatically launch into the rapid punches.

Pros:
None. Seriously.

Cons:
Opponents can shield in the middle of the "combo".
Does less damage than just stringing two Jab Combos together.
Less useful than jab, jab, grab.
Everything else that's wrong with it.

So as far as I know, it's unique to Falcon, and although it's entirely useless on it's own, the fact that you can kara-cancel the first jab of the combo into a (more-or-less) unrelated move, along with already known things like boost smashing, could mean that there may be hope in the future for Falcon just cancelling animations all over the place.

We can hope, anyway.

Top Bottom