• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Tournament Tomorrow! A few questions...

TheFabledCuk

Smash Rookie
Okay, so tomorrow is my first ever official Brawl tournament. It is nothing too fancy, just one that a local game store is putting on, but obviously more important than the makeshift tournaments I throw with my friends. Going into this, I am not sure if they will use official rules for counterpicks and such, but I would like to know more about my main characters' matchups and stages. My two best are Diddy Kong and Pit. When should I use Diddy and when should I use Pit? (based on the opponent) Are there any matchups where I should delve outside of my top 2? I am also confident with (in order) Pika, Fox, Jiggly, and Luigi. What stages should I choose in each of these instances? Thanks for any help in advance,

The Fabled Cuk

FredFuchs

Smash Apprentice
it's hard to say what character you should use for what mu. for example, atomsk uses mk and ddd (and a few other characters). mk wins against zss but he still prefers to go ddd against zss even though ddd loses the mu. if you believe in just ratios, i would use pit or pika against snake and falco and diddy for everyone else. for cp-ing, know that there is no "bad" stage for mk. if you go against ics, pick stages that can interrupt their grab (ie. frigate, halberd, possibly ps1), and try to avoid fd if you aren't confident/competent in the mu. of course, there is more to cp-ing that what i said, so don't listen to just me in that regard.

edit: fox is also an ok character. if you're going to use him, don't use him against pika, ics or shiek. you can forget about jiggs and luigi since they're pretty low on your list and they aren't good characters anyway.

Top Bottom