• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First tournament, help!

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone.

As the title states, I am on my way to my first Pokemon tournament, and need some help in refining my team. I know I should be able to do this on my own, but I am in a complete brain fog and can't focus on anything.

Here's my team and move sets (although I'm sure it sucks), I need a sixth Pokemon, some help with the move sets, and any ideas on what items to use. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Blaziken
Blaze Kick
Slash
Overheat
Sky Uppercut

Tyranitar
Iron Tail
Crunch
Earthquake
Hyper Beam

Venusuar
Sweet Scent
Growth
Synthesis
Solar Beam

Regigigas
Confuse Ray
Superpower
Zen Headbutt
Crush Grip

Swampert
Muddy Water
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Hail

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
No offense, but your team is pathetic(seriously, no offense)

Hello everyone.

As the title states, I am on my way to my first Pokemon tournament, and need some help in refining my team. I know I should be able to do this on my own, but I am in a complete brain fog and can't focus on anything.

Here's my team and move sets (although I'm sure it sucks), I need a sixth Pokemon, some help with the move sets, and any ideas on what items to use. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Blaziken
Blaze Kick
Slash
Overheat
Sky Uppercut

You could have Flare Blitz over Blaze Kick, but it doesn't matter. Sky Uppercut is good. Replace Slash and Overheat with Swords Dance and Brave Bird. If you're willing to breed, you could go with Agility over Swords Dance.

Tyranitar
Iron Tail
Crunch
Earthquake
Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam is a no-no. Crunch and EQ are good, but replace Iron Tail and Hyper Beam with Stone Edge and Dragon Dance.

Venusuar
Sweet Scent
Growth
Synthesis
Solar Beam

Make Venusaur's moveset be Sleep Powder, Leech Seed, Energy Ball/Grass Knot and Sludge Bomb.

Regigigas
Confuse Ray
Superpower
Zen Headbutt
Crush Grip

Regigigas ain't that good thanks to it's ability, so I'd change it.
Swampert
Muddy Water
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Hail

Replace Ice Beam with Avalanche, Hail with Stealth Rock, and Muddy Water with Waterfall, Stone Edge, or Roar.
There, I put in stuff you should look at. Seriously, no offense, but your team, right now, ain't that good.

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone.

Blaziken
Blaze Kick(flare blitz)
Slash
Overheat
Sky Uppercut(brick break)

Tyranitar
stone edge
crunch
earthquake
pusuit/dd/ice fang

Venusuar
Sweet Scent
Growth
Synthesis
sandstream affects this dude
Solar Beam

Regigigas
Confuse Ray
Superpower
Zen Headbutt
Crush Grip

this guy sucks, cause of slow start

Swampert
Muddy Water
Ice Beam

Earthquake
Hail
please post the natures. and i suggest starmie.your team sucks.(starters suck

edit: i luv celebi beat me to the punch

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
None taken, I know it sucks, that's why I'm asking for help.

As for Natures:

Blaziken: Serious

Swampert: Jolly

Venusuar: Brave

Tyranitar: Lonely

Regigigas: Rash

D

Deleted member

dont enter the tourney. you will die. i bet i could just sweeep your team with a swordsdancer weavile@focus sash

beg smashers for cloned ev traineed pokes.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Yeah, those arn't good natures. Enter if you want, but you probably won't do THAT good.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Going along with tshahi's post:

You are probably going to run into nothing but Ubers. Crappy Ubers more than likely, but it's still a team full of Ubers. As long as you toss at least one on your team, give it some strong attacks, and give it a bunch of Vitamins, you'll likely end up doing well.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Will the Touney be single or double? If single, get rid of Regigigas for an EV'd Snorlax/Blissey, most Ubers are special sweepers so Snorlax/Blissey will Pwn those by absorbing spattacks (I'm sure you'll see at least 5 Mewtwo there!) the 6th pokemon should be an Uber, preferably, Dialga/Palkia or a Shuckle. If it's a double tourney, keep Regigigas and get a Blissey with Skill Swap or something with Gastro Acid, it works, Regigigas moveset-
EQ
Mega Punch
Zen Headbutt
Confuse Ray

Also, use a Slacking too and give your opponent Slow Start then pass the ability gotten onto Slacking, Skill Swap again, Blaziken, Brave Bird>Slash and Flare Blitz>Blaze Kick . Venusaur-follow Wii4Mii's moveset. Tyranitar- Thunder Fang>Hyper Beam. Swampert, if you have Emerald, Ice Punch, if not
Waterfall
Hammer Arm
EQ
Rock Slide/Stone Edge

I entered a tourney last year and lost to a Lugia vs my Lugia it had 5hp left, but I still won second place.

Top Bottom