• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First time re-texturing a stage, please help.

Lokieda

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I have been getting into making skins for melee and recently decided to try my luck with texturing a stage. Let me preface by saying that I am using DAT Texture Wizard for all of this. I want to make changes to Yoshi's Story, but for the life of me, I can't change the red hand sign that the mouse guy is holding.Using the same methods I usually use on character skins has been working for most of the stage, but when I try to change this texture all it does is create a corrupted image visually, and when I reimport the original image I get an error about not being able to find a pallet. Also while trying to recreate the issue so I can be accurate with my issue I got the error "unknown pointer 0x018e26a0 PC 0x80040db8 LR 0x80166700". Any help would be great.

DRGN

Technowizard
Was that error from Dolphin?

It might help if you post the texture you're having trouble importing. Can you try getting a fresh (unmodified) copy of the stage file and see if you can import to it? Also, what version of DTW are you using? It might help to make sure you have the latest.

Top Bottom