• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Time in Banland?

Have you ever been to Banland?

• ugh yes rip me

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • nope, i'm totally clean (:

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I might've, idk

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

toonlinkromantic

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5258-3115-1656
Hi everyone. I, uh, just started this account today, mostly to just figure out a problem I've been having for a couple of days now. And that problem is a lack of players in For Glory and For Fun.

The last thing I had done before it started happening was this; I was in a For Fun/Smash battle, with two other players. They were battling each other, of course, and I was just in the back, doing random things (so I wouldn't get disconnected for idling). Soon enough, one of them started trying to fight me and such (both of them were trying to come at me shortly afterwards), and I tried my best to avoid them but they wouldn't go away, so I just started battling. I was in the lead, before I got smacked in the face with the famous "A communication error has occurred" pop-up. I was ridiculously confused, because first off, my internet was totally fine, and secondly, the battle had absolutely no lag. It wasn't until like 4 minutes afterwards when I realized that one of those players had decided to quit mid-battle (smh).

So naturally, I decide to go back to For Fun, but uh oh, something's not right: I keep finding empty rooms, and when I do find people, it's always the same players. I soon checked out Spectator Mode, then World Status, and saw that thousands of people were playing Smash at the same time as me. So I couldn't figure out what the problem was.

Upon research, I had found out that I was in the legendary "Banland", or "Smash Hell". But it didn't make sense as to why I would've gotten banned; I have Smash Bros on my 3DS, and 3DS only, so I can't have "tags"-- my name isn't even inappropriate or offensive anyhow. I, also, was not repeatedly targeting or taunting one specific person (I had done that a few times before on accident, but those were completely different battles anyway). I wasn't idling, either. I've read some things on how people can be sore losers in Smash, and report you for being a good player; I tried looking that up, but I always got redirected to a Wii U version of the game instead of the 3DS one. Can people really be reported in Smash from a 3DS? ...Did I -really- just get reported by one of those little ***wipes?

Others say this might be a glitch, but I'm not so sure...

This is my first time ever experiencing something like this. I have no idea how long it's going to be until I can play Smash normally again. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out and see what the problem is, and if getting banned on a 3DS is the same as getting banned on a Wii U?

HYP3R

Smash Lord
toonlinkromantic toonlinkromantic
From what I understand, being banned on the 3DS is the same as the Wii U. The only difference is you can check the status of your ban by trying to join Tournament Mode, it will kick you out if you are banned. Unfortunately, since Tournament Mode doesn't exist on the 3DS you'll have to judge it yourself based on the players you find. Typically, a ban lasts 1 week. I recommend NOT playing the game during this 1 week because the players in Banland can still report you and prolong your ban even further.

Top Bottom