• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U First time going to a tournament

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
Now, I live in Alaska, so as you can imagine, there aren't many Smash tournaments to attend--in fact, none at all, especially Smash 4, so I was more than jumping at the chance to test my skills against real people instead of the "people" you can play against on For Glory. Plus, you get better practice when playing people in person on stages other than FD and Battlefield. (I also wanted the chance to redeem myself after picking up a controller for a Melee tournament a few months back and losing my first set because I knew nothing about the game, but that's not important.) Anyway, the tournament was really fun. There were setups for Smash 4, Melee, and Street Fighter V, but mostly everyone was clustered around the Smash 4 setup. Got to play a whole bunch of amazing free-for-all friendlies, and had at least 5 or 6 8-player matches where everybody died insanely fast. Then the time came for the tournament. I had high hopes to place well, but I didn't think I was going to get very far, and so I was really surprised that I made it to Grand Finals in my first tournament, a tournament of about 30 or 40 people. I didn't win, but I got second, and although I was really salty that I got fricking 6-0'd by the guy who got 8-0'd by Nairo on For Glory, this is just my first tournament and I'm certain I can do better. Then again, anyone can easily get 8-0'd on FG, especially by one of the best Smash 4 players ever. Maybe I'm being too cocky, which I probably am, but I had fun and I can't wait for my next tournament.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Now, I live in Alaska, so as you can imagine, there aren't many Smash tournaments to attend--in fact, none at all, especially Smash 4, so I was more than jumping at the chance to test my skills against real people instead of the "people" you can play against on For Glory. Plus, you get better practice when playing people in person on stages other than FD and Battlefield. (I also wanted the chance to redeem myself after picking up a controller for a Melee tournament a few months back and losing my first set because I knew nothing about the game, but that's not important.) Anyway, the tournament was really fun. There were setups for Smash 4, Melee, and Street Fighter V, but mostly everyone was clustered around the Smash 4 setup. Got to play a whole bunch of amazing free-for-all friendlies, and had at least 5 or 6 8-player matches where everybody died insanely fast. Then the time came for the tournament. I had high hopes to place well, but I didn't think I was going to get very far, and so I was really surprised that I made it to Grand Finals in my first tournament, a tournament of about 30 or 40 people. I didn't win, but I got second, and although I was really salty that I got fricking 6-0'd by the guy who got 8-0'd by Nairo on For Glory, this is just my first tournament and I'm certain I can do better. Then again, anyone can easily get 8-0'd on FG, especially by one of the best Smash 4 players ever. Maybe I'm being too cocky, which I probably am, but I had fun and I can't wait for my next tournament.
That's incredible! Don't stop what you are doing!

Pink'd

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3624-7812
That's incredible! Don't stop what you are doing!
Thanks, I'll try my best. I don't think there are any more tournaments I can attend, but I'll try to go to weeklies and dominate...er, be a good sportsman there.

Top Bottom