• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First/Third Party Underdog thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, Seen Plenty of threads for Mario,Zelda, ect characters. but not any rooting for the underdogs. Anything goes in this thread. From Kolona to Ridley.

In my eye's, if Namco is going to develop Smash brothers, anything is possible.

Joanna Dark

A Middleweight, Fast Ranged character that relies heavily on her powerful armaments,having weak,fast melee abilities.

The complete Opposite of Fox, which is a melee based character with a weak ranged attack. (as well as one of my favorites)

B is a quick shot from the Mauler, can be held for a Charged Shot.

Side-B is a burst of fire From a Random PD assault Rifle, can be held for full auto, but has to be reloaded depending on the magazine size of the particular assault rifle.

Down-B activates cloaking Device, lasts slightly longer than a normal cloaking device.

Up-B Throws Grenade/N-bomb in an arc above her head. If held Joanna Will put away the grenade, pulling out a Poisoned Throwing knife, and the longer the button is held down, the farther it will be thrown.

A: A barrage of Martial Art attacks.

Side-A: quick slash from her combat knife, non poisoned

Down-A:Sweeping Kick

Up-A Reverse hook kick that does good knockback damage.

Grab-attack: holds the opponents arm behind their back, and breaks their arm repeatedly when A is pressed. Similar to Snake's Neck-Snap

Air Neutral: A knife slash in either direction

Air-up: A pistol shot into the air

Air-down: A downward knife slash

Dash attack: When doing a dash attack Joanna Will randomly pull out a Pistol or an Assault rifle, and smash the Opponents face with the butt of the gun.

Final Smash: Elvis crashes into the stage with his Flying Saucer, Jumping out and firing dual Pheonixes with Explosive rounds. Joanna Pulls out The Farsight and Can lock onto any airborne Target that hasn't been dealt a Killing blow.

Skins:

Joanna Dark (Combat uniform)

Party Joanna

Leather Joanna

Snow Jo

Trenchcoat Joanna

Labtech Joanna

Hear me out, what if there was a character based off of the Battallion/Advance Wars style, that played Similar to Pokemon Trainer. For Example, your default character might be a Rifleman, but you can switch between Flame-thrower, Bazooka, Machine gun, Grenadier ect, ect. with Down-B. I'd Flesh out the move list, but it'd take up a couple pages.

Skins:

Western Frontier

Tundran Territories

Anglo Isles

Iron Legion

Xylvania

Advance Wars:

Rubinelle

Lazuria

IDS

(Havent played Advance wars in a long time. since Days of Ruin, So I cant remember all of them!)

And Finally, Simon Belmont.

A Spellsword (Or whip I should say) Type Character that has a Variety of Melee attacks backed up by Powerful Magical Abilities. Move set is open to Debate, I.E Using Magic to buff his melee, or using his Magic in an Entirely Ranged Fashion, Either way, Mr. Belmont is a forced to be reckoned with, and I'm surprised he is not a more Requested character. Snake got in Right? Why not him?

a Medium weight character with decent reach and a diverse moveset.

B: Throws An Enchanted Cross directly in front of him, can be held for longer Range/More Crosses. Has a chance to randomly Throw a Dagger, which has more pierce/knockback damage.

Side-B: Throws Holy Water in an arc above his head, has a Random Chance to become an Axe and do extra knockback, can be held for more axes/Water.

Down-B: Simon Calls on His Defensive Magicks to Protect him, creating a spinning, breakable shield of Balls of Ice.

Up-B:Simon Strikes With a Random Elemental Sword. Rose Sword, Fire Sword, ice sword. in an upwards arc above his head.

A: Simon strikes several times with his whip, spins it if held.

Side-A: Slashes with a Regular Short Sword

Down-A: strikes from Side-to-side with his sword.

Up-A: Strikes in an arc above his head with his whip.

Dash-Attack: An energy field appears in front of Simon as he SHoulder-tackles his opponent, Stunning them with Electric damage and dealing good knockback damage.

Final Smash: Simon Summons a massive Legendary Familiar to wipe out everyone on the stage. Mandragora, Manticore, Iron Golem, Ect. Ect.

Skins: Castlevania I simon

Castlevania II Simon

Harmony of Dissonace Simon

those are all the ones I played, if hes been in more let me know!

yes and this all may be a bit silly, but we can dream can't we?

Also while we're on the subject of Silliness, I think people should really think hard before they say Ridley is too big. I personally don't want him as a fighter, because he seems like a better Boss Character to me, but every time you say Ridley is too big, Keep in mind that

- Kirby is 8 inches tall

- Pikachu is 1'8

-Olimar is Literally the size of a quarter.

It isn't really size that matters when determining whether or not a fighter is viable. It's their Standing in their said universe. For example, If you have something like Oh say, Mother brain, which is a Boss, why would she decide to forgo her important duties of commanding the bad guys, and jump in the ring and fight all these regular characters? It makes no sense.

Also, I tried to add spoiler tags to the images, but it wont work. plz help.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think the point of this thread already exists in the impossible character thread or specific character/series threads. This one seems like just another wishlist thread, which we really don't need any more of. Because characters like Joanna Dark aren't just underdogs, they're impossible.

If you reworked it to focus on characters that aren't impossible but don't have great chances (true underdogs), then I could see the thread having a point. That's what I thought it was when I clicked here.

BTW you can't spoiler tag images, you have to collapse them if you want to hide them. Put [ collapse] (without the space) before the image url and [ /collapse] (again without the space) after the url. Or just click the collapse tag button.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'll give this thread some time to develop. However, if someone feels otherwise, don't be afraid to make a "Report".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Some underdogs that I'd like to happen is a Frey/Freyja tag team from Zangeki no Reginleiv. They are twin paladins (male and female) who fights against armies of giants with the help of Iduun to protect their Norwegian kingdom. They would be interesting and unique characters with many deadly weapons (swords, crossbow, hammer, speae, ect.) and they originated from the first D rated (M rating in Japan) Nintendo game. They have a few obstacles. They are obsure since they originate from a Japanese-only Wii game. The game sold poorly and was unfairly criticized. They are the least wanted/expected new Nintendo series newcomers as seen in that Ikusaba website. Sakurai is biased towards representation of mature Nintendo games in Smash. If that bias is over, he would most likely put them as assist trophies. :(

Scar86

Smash Cadet
Some underdogs that I'd like to happen is a Frey/Freyja tag team from Zangeki no Reginleiv. They are twin paladins (male and female) who fights against armies of giants with the help of Iduun to protect their Norwegian kingdom. They would be interesting and unique characters with many deadly weapons (swords, crossbow, hammer, speae, ect.) and they originated from the first D rated (M rating in Japan) Nintendo game. They have a few obstacles. They are obsure since they originate from a Japanese-only Wii game. The game sold poorly and was unfairly criticized. They are the least wanted/expected new Nintendo series newcomers as seen in that Ikusaba website. Sakurai is biased towards representation of mature Nintendo games in Smash. If that bias is over, he would most likely put them as assist trophies. :(

Nintendo doesn't seem to be as worried about M Ratings as much these days. So it's always possible that they have a shot. I think that nintendo isn't as worried about M Ratings as much these day's Across the board. I mean, Spec Ops: The Line is coming to the Wii u Sometime after it releases, and that game has some Dark themes. Smash brothers as a whole was always meant to be a family-friendly party game. So I understand if Sakurai doesn't want it to become Ninja-Gaiden Style gore fighter. But That doesn't mean he might not embrace a slightly more mature theme the next time around. MGS was always a mature-themed game, but that never stopped it! :D

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
I personally think, if anything, that "2nd Party" reps are underdogs.

Isaac, Saki, Chibi-Robo, Captain Rainbow, etc...

They're part of Nintendo's History, but don't seem to have the "priority power" that first party's have.

But I think we should stay away from third/"fourth" party discussions though because basically all those characters are technically "underdogs" :laugh: and there is already an "impossible" and "3rd party" thread

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom