• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Official In-Game Gameplay Of Pac-Man

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Couple quick clips of Sakurai playing Pac-Man. The first official gameplay of this character; looking forward to more in the future!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xatGlrcGaQo&feature=youtu.be
Nice! It's good to have just the clips to watch and analyze. We finally see Pac-Man's up smash as well, and it looks like his side and down smash; he throws out a pixel ghost. I think. It's hard to see because the only time he does it is through a platform so it's hard to tell.

lami

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I've totally converted from an anti-Pac into a Pac-supporter. Good job, Sakurai.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Wow, I've totally converted from an anti-Pac into a Pac-supporter. Good job, Sakurai.
His moveset looks super unique and unlike any other character. I remember people were so against Pac-Man because they thought he'd be too similar to Sonic or Jigglypuff, but it turns out he's neither.

He has an up special that can be bounced on by himself or other players up to three times. That's something new. He has a side special that you can control and direct and seems to have good recovery potential and priority. His down special is both weird and neat. It's like a triple projectile; once when using it, once when it shoots, and once more if you attack it and send it flying.

And finally his neutral special is the most mysterious. In the video, Pac-Man held up a LOT of different types of fruit and Namco characters. Are these all going to act differently? Is each and every one going to attack in a different pattern? If so, that's like 5-10 different attacks all in one. That's great variety to keep opponents on their toes!

I have always been a Pac-Man supporter, but I swear I've watched his trailer about 40-50 times now and it just makes me more and more excited every time. He looks like such a fun and unique character to play as, and I'm glad he's turning heads and getting people interested.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I wish we could have saw it in full, that's okay though. Pac-Man looks amazing.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, the camera pans away before we can see his entrance. Nooooooooooooo.

Seriously, I'm curious what his stage entrance will be.

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
Now I notice that all of the third-party characters have up-specials (assuming that trampoline is Pacman's up special) that would make them bounce on something XD

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Now I notice that all of the third-party characters have up-specials (assuming that trampoline is Pacman's up special) that would make them bounce on something XD
Haha you're right! I never even realized this. xD

Top Bottom