• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki (GCN) *Major Update 25/3/05*

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Title: Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki
Box Art:

Genre: RPG/Strategy
ERSB Rating: RP
Platform: Gamecube
Developer: Intellgent Systems
Publisher: Nintendo
MSRP:

The Facts

* Series debut on the Nintendo GameCube
* Features an in depth, complex story of war
* Blend of strategy and RPG elements
* Command new characters, including aerial units
* Discover new abilities through a character's "hidden purpose"
* Fight strategic battles through an all-new 3D battle system

Titled Souen no Kiseki (Trail of the Blue Flame) it'll be set for a April 20th release in JPN, November 7th in the US, no European release date confirmed.

http://www.jeux-france.com/news9043_fire-emblem---scans-shonen-jump.html

Some new units to the FE universe include skin shifters 2 of which can be seen in the screens.
The main character (blue hair guy) is Ike, leader of his fathers mercenary squad the Grail Mercenaries, his class is confirmed as 'Ranger'. The return of the FE4/5 elemental magic and skill systems, has returned with a updated feel, look and features.

The game takes place in the continent of Telius populated by two different races, the Beoku and the Raguzu. In Senerio's status it shows he is a Beoku so it seems Beoku are the regular human race, with the Raguzu most likely being the beast people.

Elinshia is the Princess of the Kurimi Kingdom and she appears to be running away from the Tin/Din? Kingdom. She escapes and bumps into Ike starting off the game.

NEW TRAILER AS OF 23/3/05

8.7MB version

^
Right click, 'save target as'

An 1minute 40 seconds trailer was released detailing the basic story and system.

Fourside

Smash Ace
Since they released a Fire Emblem game in the US, i hope they release this game here too. I don't want to be without another good FE game here just because Nintendo didn't want to release it or was too lazy to translate it. FE got popular after they released the GBA game, and they will probably release this one to make the fans happy. I hope so. Please do it, Nintendo!

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
What are you complaining about? -.-

Europe hasn't even got FE7 on the GBA yet and probably won't till like Summer.

B0r3d*m Alien

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trying to contact my alien associates so they can
Well, you can't really complain about that now. You know that it's coming so just wait.

He's just saying that it'll fortunately get announced that it will come to the US and then hopefully get announced for Europe.

Other than that, the screens are just awesome. I hope it has more features than Fire Emblem for GBA now that it is 3-D.

BA out..

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
I'm not really fussed since I have FE6 and had FE7 months before the release....

All I know is that this is going to be my top import priority.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Yes! Another Fire Emblem game! Hopefully they will bring it over to the US; giving us one game and then not allowing the franchise to come over again is just plain mean. Plus, I'll finally have an actual strategy game on the Cube, rather than playing the GBA game and the Advance Wars series with the GB Player.

IGN has some info here at this website:http://cube.ign.com/articles/503/503828p1.html

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
My best guess about this game is they're going to return to a FE4/5 system style... if you look they've separated the magic and strength stats which only got fused together in FE6/7

Foxhound3857

Smash Apprentice
A GBA port of Fire emblem 1 (The one with marth) needs to be made, and translated to english. That way i could actually PLAY the first one, and partially understand the story better.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Thats the amusing thing there is nothign to understand....

FE games are generally not connected in story at all....they come in clumps...

FE1, FEG(debatable), FE3

FE4, FE5

FE6, FE7

And FE8 is continuing the tradition by taking place in a whole new world.

Its basically like Final Fantasy theres no connection besides the one game.

bluelion20

Smash Ace
http://www.jeux-france.com/news4145.html

There's tons of screens here, and I didn't see most of them on the IGN review (they are easier to see here anyway as they are compiled in all one page). And gamefaqs says that its going to be released in USA at 6/1/05. However, I'm betting that that's just a guess release date. But the JPN release date seems pretty solid.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
.........o.0

@_@ < look at the swivelly eye things you WILL buy Fire Emblem...

But Fire Emblem is easily one of the best freakin games currently on the GBA.....how can you say its not that good?! Its just when compared with the greatness of previous FE games it just doesn't seem as good to the long term players.

Kaboom

Smash Ace
<Shudder> Those are some hideous graphics... But i'm sure the gameplay will be really good anyway, so that's really what's important.

Definately looking forward to it.

Stopsign

Smash Ace
Fire Emblem

Title: Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki
Box Art: None to my knowledge
Genre: RPG/Strategy
ERSB Rating: RP
Platform: Gamecube
Developer: Intellgent Systems
Publisher: Nintendo
MSRP:

The Facts

* Series debut on the Nintendo GameCube
* Features an in depth, complex story of war
* Blend of strategy and RPG elements
* Command new characters, including aerial units
* Discover new abilities through a character's "hidden purpose"
* Fight strategic battles through an all-new 3D battle system

That sounds pretty sweat to me. Finally the Gamecube is getting some RPG love. Fire Emblem, Paper Mario 2, and Tales of Symphonia. For me Fire Emblem looks like a deffinite pick up because I love strategy games and RPG's. One of my favorite series of all time is the Final Fantasy Tactics series. Even though it will be the first Fire Emblem Game I have ever played it sounds like it could fit into my library of games some how.

Venom Dream

Smash Champion
Yes. Stratagy RPG's are my favorite genre. It's just too bad they don't get too much attention...

I need to track down a copy Ogre Battle 64 and, if I ever get a PS2, Front Mission 4 and Disargea.

I'm looking forward to Advanced Wars: Under Fire, too. Am I the only one?

Lastly, I'm pretty sure there is already a Fire Emblem GCN topic from E3.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Some interesting information suggests they may be bringing back the FE4/5 skills system with modifications.

Plus there will be different races as well.

Air Grady

Smash Rookie
Hmm...I am unsure about this one. I mean 3-D is a big change for the FE series. If it is even half the game that FE6 was, than it will be good. In my opinion, FE8 was somewhat of a bust...it was way too easy, but who knows what this will bring to the table, not much info has been released.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Well so far it seems promosing...the skll systems from FE4/5 are making a return and being updated, its still keeping the same format and some other new features seem apparent...

On the bright side is a massive improvement over what they originally intended to release for Winter 2004 so I'm not fussed abotu teh delay.

Dapenda

Smash Champion
I've never play a Fire Emblem game before, so from the looks of the trailer, this game plays pretty much like FF tactics?

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
More like Advance Wars in a way with RPG elements, its hard to compare it to something due to the uniqueness of it but if you must think of it as RPG Chess with epic storylines and with RPG elements.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
This thread is the only "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance" thread I could find on the Master games list, so I'll bump this post from BEYOND THE GRAVE! OoooOOOOooOOO..

Anyways. I just finished this game (Funny, since this thread seems to only go from when FEPoR wasn't even released yet) and I must say, very well done. This was, by the way, my first Fire Emblem, and I enjoyed it immensely, even if It got really old really quickly to have to start over every time an important character died.

I suppose all I can say is, what teams did you guys favor? By the end of the game I was very Horse-unit heavy, and since my Soren died, I had to favor Iliyana (Who is either bullemic or has a tapeworm, by the way) as my mage, until I got Bastion, who won me over with his flowery speech. Against the advice of everyone on the Internet, I used Titania throughout the entire game. In fact, I maxed her levels out quite early. I don't know if I was just lucky or what, but she was the best Tank I could have ever hoped for. I wouldn't use her on a subsequent play throughs (mostly because I'd like to diversify, and Oscar does the job just as well) but she wasn't as bad as all that. Although I did pay for it in the long run.

One thing I'm very bad at is consistent levelling. By the end of the game all of my characters were all over the place level wise. All of my tanks and workhorses were level 20, but most of my mages, and some of the character that I was starting to pay attention to late in the game (like Nephanee, Rolf, Mist, and Astrid, who I largely ignored until the internet told me otherwise) were almost pathetic. I managed to beat the game with the team I had anyway, but i'm sure I just made it more difficult for myself in the long run.

Anyway. Path of Radiance thread, starting now.

Top Bottom