• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

>Helbindi
>Low Res

Uuuuuuh...

Whatever you say.

Literally his only bad stat is Spd, which he doesn't need.

As for Laegjarn, maybe on enemy phase but if you set Brave Hector on an Armour Emblem team as your Defense Team, then players using Laegjarn could beat your Brave Hector easily because of her weapon skill. Even if she can't survive two engagements, all she needs is an ally to Reposition her out and take Hector on the next turn, like Helbindi for example.
OH NO I READ THAT WRONG.
Low Speed I meant. While he will be doubled by all of my team, that is far better than low res.
Thank you for correcting me. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
As soon as I saw Helbindi and low res I had to post this.
>Sack O'Gifts

Imagine Helbindi coming down your chimney on X-Mas yelling "Happy Holidays you filthy kids!"

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Also, when should we expect the Feh Channel and the 3.0 update to be?
Usually version updates come at the start of the month, but for a major update like that they might take a bit longer. The next new banner is for seasonals, so they might use its paralogue for an interlude in the main story and launch the next version and book 3 after that. So I'd say we'll see version 3.0 in either mid-October or early November.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IIRC the gap from Book I to Book II was from late September to early November so yeah I wouldn't expect any expansive new content beyond a seasonal Paralogue, a Legendary Hero, and maybe a Farfetched Heroes banner, with a Paralogue and Tempest Trials to go with it. At least basing it off of last year.

And of course there's always Tap Battle hyoip. :bluejump:

I'm personally glad there is a bit of a cooldown period since I may have overdone it in saving for the Múspell banner this past week, not to mention the hell that was Festival Elincia, Brave Celica, and Lewyn back-to-back (Legendary Marth too but haha I'm not willing to spend THAT much money even in a crunch period).

I'm gonna keep saving for the Múspell banner but I don't plan to pull until the last day in case something else comes up. However I don't see there being anything I am interested in. Seasonal banners rarely have units I particularly care for or am even familiar with (I could go for the Halloween banner if it had like, Harrier Clair or something, but I doubt we'll get that), and I don't like Legendary banners and even if it's a unit I really like, I'd rather pull for better Laegjarn IVs and merges, especially since I was super lucky on that banner on the first day. And unless Farfetched Heroes has Rinkah, which it probably won't, I doubt I'll care much.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
IIRC the gap from Book I to Book II was from late September to early November so yeah I wouldn't expect any expansive new content beyond a seasonal Paralogue, a Legendary Hero, and maybe a Farfetched Heroes banner, with a Paralogue and Tempest Trials to go with it. At least basing it off of last year.
While that would make sense in terms of keeping the timing consistent, I think it's also worth noting the length of time between Books. The game launched with Book 1 in February, and Book 2 started November later that year, putting the length of Book 1 at about 10 months. Given that we're almost approaching a full year of Book 2, I imagine it's possible that they'll give Book 3 to us earlier than November to maintain relatively similar durations.

Though I'm just throwing out ideas. It's hard to say with these things. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

Next update is inevitably going to put us at 3.0 so I expect it on October.
Maybe we'll get a Feh Channel at the beginning of the month. I dunno man, I just need to know if my husbando gets a refine I'm begging you IS

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Maybe we'll get a Feh Channel at the beginning of the month. I dunno man, I just need to know if my husbando gets a refine I'm begging you IS
Who's your husbando again?

Personally I've been waiting for a Robin prf for months now.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not necessarily. We're only on Ver 3.9.1. They can use that last decimal spot for minor updates like new banners and Tempest Trials and such.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I dunno man, I just need to know if my husbando gets a refine I'm begging you IS
You'll get Res+7 and some crappy bond refine that doesn't work with your team and doesn't make sense for him, and like it.

If he defies my expectations, however, I might consider using him for something other than Close Def fodder. :p

D

Deleted member

Who's your husbando again?

Personally I've been waiting for a Robin prf for months now.
Joshua, of course
You'll get Res+7 and some crappy bond refine that doesn't work with your team and doesn't make sense for him, and like it.

If he defies my expectations, however, I might consider using him for something other than Close Def fodder. :p
Why are you so mean D:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Helbindi's "nope" is the best movement quote in the game. It's so versatile.

"Time for tea?"
"Nope."

"Let's be happy!"
"Nope."

"Orders?"
"Nope."

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Why are you so mean D:
I'm the moderator, that's basically my job around here. :p

I'm just teasing you, is all; he's one of my favourite characters from FE8 so I'll probably do something with him eventually. I actually have something in mind, but I also kind of want to wait in case he gets a refine that makes something else work better on him. He surely can't be too far back in the queue by now; hopefully they'll do some of the other TT units around the same time too since Tobin and Clive in particular need something to make them worth using.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm the moderator, that's basically my job around here. :p

I'm just teasing you, is all; he's one of my favourite characters from FE8 so I'll probably do something with him eventually. I actually have something in mind, but I also kind of want to wait in case he gets a refine that makes something else work better on him. He surely can't be too far back in the queue by now; hopefully they'll do some of the other TT units around the same time too since Tobin and Clive in particular need something to make them worth using.
Clive is honestly pretty solid as an F2P unit though. Beefy Def and horse movement is always nice.

I usually use him in Arena Assault (the rare occasion I play it) since he's a solid pick against sword units that you just wanna get rid of.

Wouldn't argue with a refine for him though, I'd probably use him even more on a Horse Emblem team since I liked the character. Maybe make a themed team of Clive/Clair/Laegjarn/Laevatein or Clive/Mathilda/Clair/Lukas.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I think book 3 will come out in November or so. Giving us like 1.5 - 2 months time from end of Book 2 to start of Book 3.

I'm tempted to pull for Helbindi but with that A skill my Nino will be deadweight lol. She has already dropped in utility with all the units we've gotten, don't need her to become useless on top of that. Wonder if it's worth the +2 though, I COULD manage perhaps.

Sign me up to the Joshua refine club. My sis really needs it. Plus I want a way to build Joshua without having to slap DC on him.

And maybe a Nino refine so that I can put the armour BST skill on her xD

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Clive is honestly pretty solid as an F2P unit though. Beefy Def and horse movement is always nice.

I usually use him in Arena Assault (the rare occasion I play it) since he's a solid pick against sword units that you just wanna get rid of.

Wouldn't argue with a refine for him though, I'd probably use him even more on a Horse Emblem team since I liked the character. Maybe make a themed team of Clive/Clair/Laegjarn/Laevatein or Clive/Mathilda/Clair/Lukas.
He's not bad, just heavily outclassed by all of the other lance cavaliers, even just from around the same time when he was added, who can do anything he could do, but better. For example, Camus has very similar stats (just trades off 1 point each of Atk and Def, and some HP, for more Spd), but comes with a Distant Counter weapon. Or Berkut, who also has a similar statline, but has better Res so he can make better use of Berkut's Lance and run a mixed tank set.

I don't call 32 base Def "beefy", either, but I suppose with a +def refine it's not too bad. I just personally don't class anything below about 35 base Def as "beefy" or "tanky" or anything like that.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
He's not bad, just heavily outclassed by all of the other lance cavaliers, even just from around the same time when he was added, who can do anything he could do, but better. For example, Camus has very similar stats (just trades off 1 point each of Atk and Def, and some HP, for more Spd), but comes with a Distant Counter weapon. Or Berkut, who also has a similar statline, but has better Res so he can make better use of Berkut's Lance and run a mixed tank set.

I don't call 32 base Def "beefy", either, but I suppose with a +def refine it's not too bad. I just personally don't class anything below about 35 base Def as "beefy" or "tanky" or anything like that.
32 Def is enough since he's mostly going to be up against Red swords. Give him a Defense buffing A-Slot like Steady Stance/Breath or Brazen Atk/Def, a Def Refine weapon (Slaying Lance would be best), a defensive Special Skill (or Ignis if you want to nuke things on occasion), and give him Renewal in case he has to eat a Regnal Astra or Black Luna or something. You can always give him a Sacred Seal for extra Def too but it's not even necessary. And then he gets horse buffs. He could hit the lower 50's in Def pretty easy. And really that's overkill for his purposes, he'd be well able for other blue units and baiting the odd archer too.

I won't say he's a fantastic unit or anything, and if he was on banners or a Focus unit especially, he'd be an easy skip and an undesired pity breaker or something. But since he is a unit players could pick up a few copies of for free for a bit of merging, he can be easily given a niche and can be really useful for the Squad modes if you are lacking units to build for that. Being blue and a cavalry unit makes him a fair bit more useful than Tobin, who would have problems with something like a well-built Clive and has to rely on the far less common and less effective Tactic and Drive skills to get buffed up. Clive also comes with Hit and Run out of the box so he could easily run a Firesweep niche as well.

He's not all-powerful or anything but he can play a very solid role, especially if you have limited Def tank units and need a few for Assault runs. And until the recent Walhart, we didn't have a Green cavalry as a free reward IIRC, so there is even a case to be made for putting him on a team with Camus. Then maybe Xander and Walhart. Though admittedly I would rather run Veronica now that she's here and anyone can get her if they're new to the game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know who'd be a good choice for getting a PRF+Refine? My boy Ogma. Ogma's Blade as a PRF Slaying Edge with maybe some other bonus attached upon the refine, since it's just a stronger Killing Edge in New Mystery.

Or IS decides to go "**** you Astram" and give him Mercurius lol.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Or IS decides to go "**** you Astram" and give him Mercurius lol.
Actually, they could give him Mercurius and have Astram be a GHB unit with the same weapon.

More importantly, IS needs to hurry and add Astram because Midia will probably come along at the same time.

D

Deleted member

What Legendary Weapons are currently missing from the game?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, they could give him Mercurius and have Astram be a GHB unit with the same weapon.

More importantly, IS needs to hurry and add Astram because Midia will probably come along at the same time.
I didn't even realize it at first, but wow, yeah, a Basilikos situation isn't out of the question. Huh.
Archanean Love banner set. Lena, Julian, Cav!Hardin, and Midia on the banner, Astram GHB, Nyna Tempest Reward.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
What Legendary Weapons are currently missing from the game?
From what I gathered these Legendary Weapons are still missing though I might have forgotten some.

Edited:

Archanea- Mercurius, Starlight, Imhullu. Aum's Staff
Gaiden/Echoes- Sol, Luna, Astra, Kriemhild
Jugdral- Balmung, Gungnir, Helswath, Yewfelle, Valkyrie Staff, Braggi Sword, Loptous Sword, Kia
Elibe- Apocalypse, Aureola, Saint's Staff and depending how you think about them Rex Hasta, Reinfleche, Gespenst, Luce, Ereshkigal and Mani Katti
Magvel- Latona
Tellius- Vague Katti, Wishblade, Double Bow, Baselard, Rexflame, Rexbolt, Rexaura, Balberith, Matrona, Ashera Staff, Caladborg, Tarvos, Lughnasadh, Gurgurant, Creiddylad
Awakening- Amatsu, Vengeance, Goetia
Fates- Bolverk, Ganglari, Hagakure Blade, Waterwheel, Aurgelmir, Pursuer, Chakram, Bifrost

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
From what I gathered these Legendary Weapons are still missing though I might have forgotten some.

Gaiden/Echoes- Sol, Luna, Astra
Jugdral- Balmung, Gungnir, Helswath, Yewfelle, Valkyrie Staff, Braggi Sword
Elibe- Apocalypse, Aureola, Saint's Staff and depending how you think about them Rex Hasta, Reinfleche, Gespenst, and Luce
Magvel- Latona
Fates- Bolverk
Kriemhild as well for Valentia.

Also Amatsu for Awakening, whenever Say'ri or Yen'fay release.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Kriemhild as well for Valentia.

Also Amatsu for Awakening, whenever Say'ri or Yen'fay release.
Added Amatsu and Kriemhild.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Edited:

Gaiden/Echoes- Sol, Luna, Astra, Kriemhild
Jugdral- Balmung, Gungnir, Helswath, Yewfelle, Valkyrie Staff, Braggi Sword, Loptous Sword
Elibe- Apocalypse, Aureola, Saint's Staff and depending how you think about them Rex Hasta, Reinfleche, Gespenst, Luce and Mani Katti
Magvel- Latona
Awakening- Amatsu, Vengeance
Fates- Bolverk, Hagakure Blade, Waterwheel, Aurgelmir, Pursuer
https://fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Regalia

More from here:

- Jugdral: Kia staff
- Elibe: Ereshkigal (will obviously show up on Nergal at some point)
- Tellius: Vague Katti, Wishblade, Double Bow, Baselard, Rexflame, Rexbolt, Rexaura, Balberith, Ashera Staff, Matrona, Caladbolg, Lughnasadh, Tarvos, Gurgurant, Creiddylad
- Awakening: Goetia, and the various incarnations of the Sol/Luna/Astra weapons if you count them
- Fates: Bifröst, Ganglari, Chakram

Anyone not from Ireland or Wales who knows how to correctly pronounce at least one of Caladbolg, Lughnasadh, or Creiddylad without resorting to Google gets brownie points from me. :p

I'm curious if/how they would implement revival staves like Aum and Bifröst in Heroes. Obviously they'd be single use per map, probably reviving whoever the most recent unit to die was into a tile adjacent to whoever you target. Kia heals petrification, so I dunno how that'd work since we already have Restore+ to heal every status ailment in the game.

Would definitely like to see an Elincia alt with Matrona or Ashera's Staff at some point. A flying staff unit is one of my most wanted additions right now, and Elincia is the best fit for that role.

Ereshkigal, Vague Katti, Gurgurant, Creiddylad, Tarvos, Caladbolg, Lughnasadh, Imhullu, and the rest of the Judgral weapons will probably all show up on their respective wielders eventually. Most of the rest could really go just about anywhere.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think enough people are talking about Silas in Chapter 13.

42002552_297784151051800_2859099554860366024_n.jpg

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
That's pretty much exactly how I'd imagine Valkyrie working once Claud is added. Except it'd also have the additional limitation of only working once per set of maps IE you can only use it once per CC/TT etc.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I'm curious if/how they would implement revival staves like Aum and Bifröst in Heroes. Obviously they'd be single use per map, probably reviving whoever the most recent unit to die was into a tile adjacent to whoever you target. Kia heals petrification, so I dunno how that'd work since we already have Restore+ to heal every status ailment in the game.

Would definitely like to see an Elincia alt with Matrona or Ashera's Staff at some point. A flying staff unit is one of my most wanted additions right now, and Elincia is the best fit for that role.
The way I seeing revival staves working is that they would be a combination of Miracle and Light Blessing (bring back the ally with only 1 HP but have their special fully charged) with restrictions being that the revival effect can be used once and only target one ally per battle.

Also, yeah I am also ready for a flying staff preferably in the permanent summoning pool and wouldn't mind it being Elincia since I am still kind of sad I decided to skip her seasonal alt. Though I have a feeling they are actually going to make Sakura the first flying staff user considering she is the only Hoshidan Royal not yet riding a Kinshi in Heroes. I also guess other possibilities are a seasonal alt Sumia or something wild like a seasonal alt of Maria using a staff while riding Minerva's wyvern.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Anyone not from Ireland or Wales who knows how to correctly pronounce at least one of Caladbolg, Lughnasadh, or Creiddylad without resorting to Google gets brownie points from me. :p
I'm assuming I'm completely wrong, but I'll take a stab at it.

Caladbolg sounds like "salad bowl" with a G at the end and a hard C instead of an S.
Lughnasadh sounds like "Luna sod."
Creiddylad sounds like "Cray-EE-du-lad."

How badly did I butcher alien linguistics Gaelic?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Caladbolg sounds like "salad bowl" with a G at the end and a hard C instead of an S.

First one sounds right to me.

I'm almost certain the second one would be pronounced as simply "Lunasa". "gh" and "dh" is usually silent in Irish, if my vague memory of my Irish classes isn't failing me

The third one is honestly a weird spelling even to me but I would probably pronounce it as "Cry-dih-lad", just a guess though, and it flows off the tongue most naturally to me.

Gaelic words are weird in that the pronunciation often doesn't work naturally without an actual Welsh or Irish accent.

I'm no expert though.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

Hmm... Not the worst efforts I've ever seen. I guess I'll hide the answers in a spoiler, in case anyone still wants to guess:
Caladbolg: "cala vulg" - "cala" would be a bit like a non-rhotic pronounciation of "collar" (coll-uh), and "vulg" as in "vulgar". This is an old spelling of it, modern Irish would render it as "caladhbholg", which makes the silent letters more plain... though that only helps if you have any understanding of Irish spelling, which often doesn't match up with the actual pronunciation. In general, in Irish any consonant followed by "h" tends to get either made silent, or turned into a sound like "v".

Lughnasadh: "loo-na-sa". Again, this is a really old spelling of it, modern Irish just spells it "Lunasa". But it's a good example of the amount of silent letters you might expect to see in the average Irish word. :p (incidentally, Scottish Gaelic is much worse for silent letters like this, but it tends to get overlooked due to being less commonly spoken.)

Creiddylad: "cray-dhuh-lad" - This one comes from Welsh, rather than Irish Gaelic (both Celtic languages, though from different branches within the family). Welsh has some even weirder orthography - often in words like this, the sounds of "u" and "y" end up swapped around, compared to what an English speaker might expect. The "dh" is like the "th" in "this".

Bonus challenge: with this stuff in mind, have a go at pronouncing "beirbhiughadh". It's an Irish word, if that helps at all. :p
It's pronounced like "ber-oo". That's a lot of silent letters. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmm... Not the worst efforts I've ever seen. I guess I'll hide the answers in a spoiler, in case anyone still wants to guess:
Caladbolg: "cala vulg" - "cala" would be a bit like a non-rhotic pronounciation of "collar" (coll-uh), and "vulg" as in "vulgar". This is an old spelling of it, modern Irish would render it as "caladhbholg", which makes the silent letters more plain... though that only helps if you have any understanding of Irish spelling, which often doesn't match up with the actual pronunciation. In general, in Irish any consonant followed by "h" tends to get either made silent, or turned into a sound like "v".

Lughnasadh: "loo-na-sa". Again, this is a really old spelling of it, modern Irish just spells it "Lunasa". But it's a good example of the amount of silent letters you might expect to see in the average Irish word. :p (incidentally, Scottish Gaelic is much worse for silent letters like this, but it tends to get overlooked due to being less commonly spoken.)

Creiddylad: "cray-dhuh-lad" - This one comes from Welsh, rather than Irish Gaelic (both Celtic languages, though from different branches within the family). Welsh has some even weirder orthography - often in words like this, the sounds of "u" and "y" end up swapped around, compared to what an English speaker might expect. The "dh" is like the "th" in "this".

Bonus challenge: with this stuff in mind, have a go at pronouncing "beirbhiughadh". It's an Irish word, if that helps at all. :p
It's pronounced like "ber-oo". That's a lot of silent letters. :p
Ah yes, my favorite Nohrian character.
Beirbhiughadhka.
:p

D

Deleted member

Been looking for 10 minutes for this pic because I saw it was relevant once again
Screenshot_20180424-075657~2.png

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Any predictions/hopes for the upcoming Legendary banner?

I'm personally hoping for the deadly duo of Legendary Hector and M!Grima to show up so I can finally get a copy of the former and finish my merges for the latter. :estatic:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hope: that we get someone interesting for once, like an actual legendary hero (Anri, Altina, the 12 Crusaders, etc)
Prediction: that I'll continue to be disappointed by the entire system of legendary banners and decide to skip it

Top Bottom