• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

I saw people talking about the game elsewhere, and figured we have the FE section now, so might as well make use of it, right? Plus this game is big, and good, enough to deserve its own thread anyway. :p

Usual rules apply and all that. Please put story spoilers in appropriately marked spoiler tags, since not everyone has played this game and, if possible, you should really experience this game unspoiled as much as possible even though IS themselves aren't helping with FE Heroes and stuff.

First order of business: Who is your favourite Lord in the series, and why is it Sigurd?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm loving Sigurd so far. He's a hopeless romantic and an eternal optimist, and all around a pretty nice guy. The sort of bromantic trio he makes up with Quan and Eldigan is neat, too.

Also he's a god in combat, and he has a mullet, so there's that too.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I honestly think Sigurd is the strongest unit in the entire series. Even Seth has a couple of moments in FE8 where he struggles, but I'd almost say using Sigurd to solo his half of FE4 actually makes it way easier than trying to play it normally. All he has to do is run up to the castle, kill the boss, and seize it, and that wipes out all the enemies from that castle. While sending out other people runs the risk of some of them getting killed (unless you do an ironman run, I guess). only problem is how hard he drops off after a certain point in the game

That's not the only reason why I like him, though. As a character, I appreciate that he actually has flaws and faces consequences for his mistakes, which is a rare thing in a series where characters like Corrin exist. Plus tragic characters like that seem to appeal to me quite a bit in general, somehow.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Actually, come to think of it, I just finished chapter two. I wanted to grind some turns to help the marriages along, but I just want to be sure...do you need to manually hit "Wait" on each of them each turn, or does ending the turn through the End command increase the grind counter as well?

Just so I don't waste too much time. :p

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm like 99% sure you can just end the turn with the End command and it'll still count.

Love points only get counted up until turn 50, though, so if you're doing it at the end of the chapter you'll want to check your turn count before doing something like that.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm like 99% sure you can just end the turn with the End command and it'll still count.

Love points only get counted up until turn 50, though, so if you're doing it at the end of the chapter you'll want to check your turn count before doing something like that.
Ah, gotcha. In that case I'll just see how many tu-

OhSweetJesus.png
Oh god literally how.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
> 75 turns

How to tell when somebody didn't use Sigurd enough. :p

I usually do whatever marriage grinding I need to do in the middle of a chapter, so I don't run into something like this.
Not gonna lie, Chapter 2 kinda kicked my ass, lol. Much more so than the Prologue and Chapter 1. Guess that's what happens when you're both a slow player and go in mostly blind. :p

Onward to chapter three though! Also Edain and Midir hooked up, so that's neat.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Neeeat. A thread dedicated to the game I'm playing right now. I've played this game before but dropped it before even getting pass the earlier chapters. Mostly due to boredom. But this time's different because I'm gonna stick by and finish through the game! I'm still not done Chapter 2 but that's mostly because I've been doing other stuff right now. I'll get to it soon though.

Also, Sigurd is my homie. I'm liking what I'm seeing from the man so far.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
>75 turns

screams internally

That aside, with everyone apparently playing FE4 now, maybe I should replay it soon. Maybe I'll finally try subs only.

Top Bottom