• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fire breath

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
Yes and No. It depends on what character your using it on and how your using it. Just remember when using Firebreath players can DI into the firebreath and punish you due to Bowser's ending lag.

Characters like Luigi,Jigglypuff,Marth and Metaknight(their are others) can take fully advantage of this.

I myself usually don't use firebreath on characters that are used in the air mostly because it takes Bowser sometime to aim the breath upward towards the aerial target (Take Charizard less time to do this) so while your doing that your most likely be punished before it even hits and thats if you even aimed it right and spaced it accordingly.

Over time your find out what characters you'd want to use it on and how you want to use it. I brawl a lot of players who don't know they can DI into the firebreath and punish me so I use it on a lot of characters but I can tell when the player I'm brawling is good enough to know how to get around not only firebreath but how to punish Bowser badly. In these situations I change my play style to fit the best way of winning the brawl.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It is good, but you have to use it at the right time or you will be punished. Dias basically explained everything else.
I, myself am using it more often, but im trying to cut down on using it, but i blame the spammers.

SoliceTK

Smash Rookie
I use it any chance i get, but yes by NO means should you try to spam this move very much. Most of the guys I play don't escape the fire often. (Some actually move into it to try and hit me in the ending lag) Anyway, if you really just have to use it, then try not holding the B button down. Maybe retreat, turn around B, and douse the opponent just a little? Also take the trading of DMG% into account I guess. You stick about 50% of fire DMG on your opponent, get ending lag and take back about 10-15 tops im guessing. That's completely situational by the way and I doubt anyone good will let you get away with it for long, slow roasting FTW!

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Is very good against D3, DK, another Bowser and Ike. Never use it on the psi boys because they can gain health. Be careful when you use it. It can also gimp some recoveries so, using it over the edge is good.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
The fire breath is effective against heavy charaters but light charaters can DI and then punish you.
Not all of them. You just have to know how and when to use it.

(I should make a list of characters Firebreath works very well on and the ones its useful just as a spacing method)

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
LOL I just made a topic asking for help beating the fire breath characters with DK and Ganon. I always counter pick Wolf against good Bowsers and Charizards.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Why do people even make threads like this?
Yes.
Its good.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
LOL I just made a topic asking for help beating the fire breath characters with DK and Ganon. I always counter pick Wolf against good Bowsers and Charizards.
You do know that 95% of the character cast counter picks Bowser right? Its not like the person your playing against is going to be all like "Woah! He counter picked me I can tell because thats my counter pick character!"

when Bowser has no good match ups to begin with. (unless the Bowser player doesn't know much about Bowser and is still new to him)

either way you better hope the Bowser player your trying to beat isn't me. If so, your in trouble.
:cool:

Amide

Smash Lord
It's usually really hard to get out of it. Yes, it's a good move.

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
I use the Fire Breath as an anti edge guard tool as well. When recovering from the top left or top right, fire breath usually prevents people from hitting you back out. Even if they see you do it, they usually underestimate it's hitbox and get hit with it anyway.

Top Bottom