• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finishing Problems

Fidyyuan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fidyyuan
I'm sure this has been posted before but for some reason, I just have problems finishing people off with ZSS. Aerial up+a doesn't work since I've used it too much in a match and it seems i'm just restricted to forward+b and forward+smash. Are there any other techniques or ideas that would help me finish off opponents? Down+b seems a bit too predictable to finish people off. Thanks in advance!

Shanky

Smash Cadet
Fair (you have to time it so the second kick hits, not the first)
Bair (probably one of her best, good range, easy to land, and great KO potential)

Forward-B and Fsmash are a little too predictable to rely on, but are you using Dsmash first? That can make your life a lot easier.

Down-B works at times, just try not to use it too often. I find it best against edgeguarders

Another fun way to KO (although a little risky) is to chase them off the edge, staying underneath them, and use Up-B. If you do it right it will spike them downwards

Fidyyuan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Fidyyuan
XD Can't believe I totally forgot about using Downsmash and forwardsmash/forward-b together...

Btw, for the Bair, would you recommend using it like a forward jumping bair (using it like gameandwatch's turtle style?) Or would that be too predictable as well?

zero5

Smash Cadet
XD Can't believe I totally forgot about using Downsmash and forwardsmash/forward-b together...

Btw, for the Bair, would you recommend using it like a forward jumping bair (using it like gameandwatch's turtle style?) Or would that be too predictable as well?
for the forward jumping bair or reverse arieal rush.. with ZSS her short hop is too high for it to be useful.. but then again it gets people if you catch em off guard..

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Forward-B and Fsmash are a little too predictable to rely on, but are you using Dsmash first? That can make your life a lot easier.
F-smash is not a reliable killing move except at high percentages. Ruling out plasma-whip at all means excommunication from the ZSS boards.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Plasma Whip is only predictable because it's Zamus' go-to move. Honestly, your hit %age for Plasma whip should be in the neighborhood of 20%. That's how often you should use it. You'll still hit with it, sometimes in a position where you can kill. Never forget about your Plasma Whip.

If you're using up your uair that much (which I find hard to believe), then bair and fair are amazing KO moves. People don't really pay attention to this, but fair kills. It's not really fair at all.

Of course, Flip jump is also nice. Just mix up your game, and you'll be able to do it, I'm sure.

-Steed-

Smash Cadet
I have great success using these to Ko:
Juggling with up air
Down B kick, either at 120% ish + or any percent if they are off the stage for the spike
Hitting edgegrabbers or recovering enemys with an Up B spike
Side B, works on the ground, as an ariel, and great for punishing edgegrabbers if they are horizontal to me
Fair if both or just last kick connects
Back air
Side smash at high percents
Up smash at high percents

Hope I helped :)

Bouse

Smash Ace
Also you have to look at what the opponents worst method of recovery is, and what type of stage you're playing on.
Light characters can sometimes be killed easier by an Usmash or an Uaerial than by any of her side attacks, and the opposite for the heavier ones.
Knowledge of your opponents ability to recovery and survive is also very important to playing Zero Suit effectively, otherwise you'll find yourself trying to launch a 900 pound dragon/king of the puffy puffs/evil wizard/or elf who carries too much **** equipment on him at any given time up into the air only to find that they will punish you for your insolence with a down aerial that rivals what we did to Hiroshima.

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
I agree with phOOtbag, her aerial moves are excellent finishers. Same goes for her flip jump, except it can be very difficult to pull off a KO on stages with platforms.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
my favorite way to kill someone off stage... Forward B them into the blast zone..

Top Bottom