• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally i have some videos

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
1st match: Grab more (Esp against FFers), CG when you can and edgehog when the opportunity presents itself.
2nd match: It's ok to recover high against Zelda, and anyone. And be ready to punish airdodge recoveries.

You're almost to the point where criticism isn't going to be that big a help. Some people critique move choices... but it's your style so you do what you want with it. Solid Peach. Maybe I would say more if I was more awake.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I still can not CG very well, mostly due to the fact that I don't jump cancel grabs much <--- I'm working on that...

And for some reason I hate recovering high, I think it's because I play a lot of u-air happy foxes. Maybe I just feel open to attack. Idk.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still can not CG very well, mostly due to the fact that I don't jump cancel grabs much <--- I'm working on that...

And for some reason I hate recovering high, I think it's because I play a lot of u-air happy foxes. Maybe I just feel open to attack. Idk.
Don't jump-cancel chaingrabs... ever. Peach's grab and dashgrab both come out at 7 frames, meaning that the only thing you're doing when jump-canceling her grab is limit its range and also shortening the cool down lag slightly (though not by much).

Most of the time, a dashgrab is to be preferred, even when not for a chaingrab since the cooldown is only slightly longer for her dashgrab as opposed to characters like, say, Pikachu. The point remains, never jumpcancel a grab in a chaingrab. Same speed, less range = Bad.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Random tips (watched the 1st game):
* Jabs can be crouch-canceled. Don't spam them too much
* Single-jabbing and then running away/spotdodging/Dsmashing can work wonders
* Float-canceled aerials into Dsmash/Dashattack can work wonders as well (on hit, that is)
* Tell the Falco to DI better :p
* Falco's Firebird has no hitbox on startup. When he's Firebirding right in front of you/near you, jump/float out into a Fair or a Nair or a Dair into a Nair, don't just slap him.
* Aforementioned chaingrabbing and how not to.
* ????
* Profit

exarch

doot doot doot
technically, in JCing a grab with peach you actually force the grab to come out slower than a normal dash grab. JCing takes a few frames (very few), but it does actually lag a bit.

If you recover high enough to be over the fox's uair, you don't have to worry about that either. In general, if you can recover high, you should. Then again i'm a very aggressive recoverer and hate peach's ledge game with a passion, so if i don't have to grab the edge, why should i?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Don't jump-cancel chaingrabs... ever. Peach's grab and dashgrab both come out at 7 frames, meaning that the only thing you're doing when jump-canceling her grab is limit its range and also shortening the cool down lag slightly (though not by much).

Most of the time, a dashgrab is to be preferred, even when not for a chaingrab since the cooldown is only slightly longer for her dashgrab as opposed to characters like, say, Pikachu. The point remains, never jumpcancel a grab in a chaingrab. Same speed, less range = Bad.

Oh...really? I've never seen any data suggesting her normal grab has more reach than her JC grab... I suppose I should stop practicing them then :psycho: Thanks

And exarch, its just doesnt feel right for me to recover high, but i suppose i should practice...somehow.

And does anyone have tips on practicing CG on computers? like set-up and such.

exarch

doot doot doot
Training mode as peach with fox falco or cf as comp. set their damage to proper CG %s (40 for fox and falco, 30 for cf) and set them to evade mode or w/e they'll always DI away from you, but at least you get to practice the proper timing for running.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh...really? I've never seen any data suggesting her normal grab has more reach than her JC grab... I suppose I should stop practicing them then :psycho: Thanks

And exarch, its just doesnt feel right for me to recover high, but i suppose i should practice...somehow.

And does anyone have tips on practicing CG on computers? like set-up and such.
The general rule goes:
Normal standing grab - A-range
Dash grab - A-range + B-range
JC grab - Normal standing grab out of a dash

JC grabs take at least one frame more than a dashgrab on activation because you have to, you know, JC it. How many more frames it takes depends on how fast you grab after the jump. So, yeah, don't JC in a chaingrab... ever.

Lumpy..

Smash Ace
dear cheap,

tip 1... be more eager to edge guard... once you have a fox, falco, or falcon off the edge, they shouldn't be able to make it back... (of course they will occasionally, but you know what i mean)...

tip 2... don't listen to me... i still suck at this game... but edge guarding is definitely my strong point...

_Keno_

Smash Lord
lol, i do need to work on edge guarding...especially of the edge. Also i will have some more vids up tomorrow that will be open to suggestions (for both me and my opponent.)

Also suggestions critiquing Anomaly would be nice too.

Matux

Smash Apprentice
1. Grabbing, try to chaingrab falco and prepare with your grabs setups for combos or finisher.
2. Train your floatcancelled attacks and use them.
3. Manage spacing with turnips dash dancing and mindgames (empty SH, FJ, up throw turnips)
4. Edgeguard spacies with bair (their illusion is very vulnerable for a bair) or an esy egdehog. What you also can is to drop off the ledge and doe fair or nair to hit him offstage, after you did it you can recover.
5. Approach with Dashdancing to dash attack, throwing turnips and fairs (you did it well with the fairs).

some tips from me. btw your peach is really ok.

(only for the first match)

Me14k

Smash Lord
I watched the match against falco on ps.

at very low percents, FCbair->dsmash works (if bairs hits).

as everyone has said, work to get falco off the stage. A nice tip on doing this is to concentrate the game on towards the edge of the stage instead of the middle.

use more FC, but make sure if you are going to tap after a FC, do it quicker. you are tapping late.

I agree with matux, your peach is ok.

btw--practice DI, falco shouldn't be pillaring you that badly.

VS anomaly--i noticed you tried to instafloatnair ...you did it way to slow, your nair should start almost instantaniously as yhour float starts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSG-tN2Aod8
this vid has correct instafloat nairing in it. Watch xif..he is a good instafloaty peach.

I have a lot of zelda experience, fair/bair ***** peach. I only use nair after a full jump to hit underneath the zelda. I use little bair as well, fair just destroys bair and fair from straight on. the key in the zelda matchup is--camp. Just try to keep the zelda away from you so the zelda gets impatient and does something stupid...leading to a fair. Also, don't dsmash too much here, it doesn't break through zelda's sheild and will only get you faird. for sheild pressure, FCfair->taps.

Top Bottom