• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally got the capture card set up!

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
Hey everyone! I finally set up my capture card (elgato hd60) and got some recording done.

Just looking for feedback and some other sets of eyes to quality check things, just in case I missed anything :)

It's my first recording of Smash, though I've done numerous recordings and streams of other things via PC software (which are found by checking out my little link down below). Just my first one with the ElGato.

So, notice anything off or messed up about it? Does the audio sound fine? Or does it look good to go for the future?

Last edited:

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
Nice, skimmed through some parts and didn't really notice anything off about the audio or anything, seems good to go for the future.
Subscribed to your channel by the way.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
The video quality is beautiful, you don't need to worry about that. Although there is occassionally jumps in sound, I think it's because of how you record it with your mic (some programs automatically lower/raise the sound when you're talking). I personally find it a little jarring and have to keep messing around with the volume everytime it jumps up and down, but that's just me personally. I'll sub as I'm interested to see what you come up with. As I'm just starting my channel out it could give me some ideas too.

Oh, hey Ryukred, you're subbed to me aswell, I'll sub to you aswell. XD

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
The video quality is beautiful, you don't need to worry about that. Although there is occassionally jumps in sound, I think it's because of how you record it with your mic (some programs automatically lower/raise the sound when you're talking). I personally find it a little jarring and have to keep messing around with the volume everytime it jumps up and down, but that's just me personally.
Oh snap, I didn't even notice the jumps in sound. ;_;

The video quality is beautiful, you don't need to worry about that. Although there is occassionally jumps in sound, I think it's because of how you record it with your mic (some programs automatically lower/raise the sound when you're talking). I personally find it a little jarring and have to keep messing around with the volume everytime it jumps up and down, but that's just me personally. I'll sub as I'm interested to see what you come up with. As I'm just starting my channel out it could give me some ideas too.

Hey, yeah, thanks for subbing. :p

I hope to generate some ideas for some videos as well.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Oh snap, I didn't even notice the jumps in sound. ;_;
Haha, don't worry it. I'm just very fussy when it comes to things like that, I've been messing about with videos for the past few weeks and I've only just started putting videos up I'm that fussy. XD

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071

Yea it automatically lowers the game sound when I talk. I actually kinda like that, though I can see how it could get kinda nauseating if I talk too much.

Also, thanks for the sub. I'll toss one right back

Last edited:

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
Oh, that's what he meant by the sound jumping. I didn't really count that as a sound problem, but others might but since HeavyMetalSonic mentioned it.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
I'm not saying it's a problem, it just depends how much you talk. Like... If I was gonna be talking throughout the video I'd have it so the game audio and mic audio were at a set level thoughout, but if I was just speaking at the start, I'd leave it as it was. At least that's what I'd do, but there isn't a "right" way to do it, it's just personal preference. cx

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
Did a Mayweather vs Pacquiao prediction via Smash Bros this time.

I did some commentary without the quieting this time.

Last edited:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Did a Mayweather vs Pacquiao prediction via Smash Bros this time.

I did some commentary without the quieting this time.

I'll be honest, I like that setup alot better. You got the audio levels just right too. c:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
Would have to agree, when the ingame audio kicks in it kinda swamps your voice a bit. We can hear you, but the audio balances are off.

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
New video up!

Played with the sound balance again. I think I dropped the game volume a bit too much. Thoughts?

Had an awesome kill around 10:15 though. The best offense is a good defense I say!

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
New video up!

Played with the sound balance again. I think I dropped the game volume a bit too much. Thoughts?

Had an awesome kill around 10:15 though. The best offense is a good defense I say!
I listening to some of the video and compared the sounds to another YouTuber I watch that plays Sm4sh and I noticed in your video your voice is lower than the game volume and it's not bad but it's not the best, and when I watched the other YouTuber, his voice is higher than the game volume and it sounds pretty good, like there's no problem. So I think you should increase your mic volume to be a bit higher than the game volume.

Sorry for the late reply by the way, I got Hyrule Warriors on Saturday and I've been no lifing it since with 40+ hours on it and I haven't touched Sm4sh one bit, but I'm just starting to go back to Sm4sh today. Also, in case you were wondering who the YouTuber I compared you to was, his name is AceStarThe3rd.

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
I have another Smash video queued for a release Saturday. I played around with the levels, and it definitely sounds better.

Spacing out my video releases as to not flood things, as I just released a video for my gaming discussion show (which everyone should check out as well :p )

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
I have another Smash video queued for a release Saturday. I played around with the levels, and it definitely sounds better.

Spacing out my video releases as to not flood things, as I just released a video for my gaming discussion show (which everyone should check out as well :p )
Nice, I also need to upload more stuff as well, but I just don't really know people like to watch.

What's your gaming discussion show channel?

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
Nice, I also need to upload more stuff as well, but I just don't really know people like to watch.

What's your gaming discussion show channel?
It's the same channel I host my Smash Bros videos.Just hit my name on the youtube videos and click the "Videos" link.
Anything that is listed there as Pass the Controller or PTC would be them :)

Last edited:

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
Here's the latest Smash!

Sounds really better than before, but there's only one problem. At some parts when the game got louder with different sounds, I couldn't make out what you were saying because the game volume became louder than you, so if you could turn down the game volume just a little bit, I think it'll be fine.

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
Newest video. Learned how to add some other elements of fun to the video editing :)

Let's see what you can notice!

Just a heads up, it's a long video as it holds 9 matches in it!

Last edited:

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
Newest video. Learned how to add some other elements of fun to the video editing :)

Let's see what you can notice!

Just a heads up, it's a long video as it holds 9 matches in it!

Watched a bit of it and skinned around a few. Didn't notice anything out of place and there were no audio problems that I saw. Nice work with the transitions.

K7Sniper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
K7Sniper
3DS FC
2595-1237-9071
First couple matches with Lucas against some level 9 CPU.

Changed the voice volume around a bit. Hopefully its a bit better than the other videos.

Top Bottom