• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally got my first vids up, whee!

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Dude, me and Sarg were watching these earlier today. I made the comment "you guys look like your being camera shy." He agreed and said "I knew it was going to be posted on the boards."

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
I noticed that Peach did lots of dash attacks, which is the time to try out those duck-rests. Peach can't punish that well if you miss and even a close miss can make them think twice about carrying on with the dash attacks.

And the other thing I saw was that pound was always predicted, or missed and ended up in a Peach f-smash etc. So figure a way to land the pound, perhaps some quick dashdance/wavedash forward first.

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yeah. We knew it was the first recording for both of us, so nerves were a small factor.

Not enough for a John or anything, just enough to throw the game off just a smidge. I don't dashdance very much at all, I might try throwing it into the game a bit. Thanks bronze :)

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
Zane, the next ones will be better.

Anyone who has any advice for the peach, lay it on too. Not trying to mess up your thread or anything.

Watching your wall's of pain really hurt me everytime I see those vids. As for critique, I thought your spacing was amazing, I couldnt shield grab once. Maybe more grabbing when I dashed at you and I really wasnt even worried about the rest. When you scare with it, it really changes my game.

SouthsideRaven

Smash Rookie
hey man i just look forward to the day that i can hang like that with sarge's peach....or any one else he plays for that matter

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
More vids would help, but here's some Peach advice:

As Bronze stated, there were alot of dash-attacks that you could have rested instead of going for shield grab.

The peach also liked using D-smash alot. You could lure hime into doing it, then come in from above and rest him during the lag.

As for the counterpick, I can't see ever using MK2 for Purin. Granted it's hard to pick a stage against Peach since you both benifit from the same levels, but you're the lighter of the two. I'd probably still go with Mute City against Peach. You both can recover well there, but since there's no ledge to grab it gives less options to the Peach. It doesn't really bother Purin as much since she has so many pounds & jumps while Peach will be stuck in her parasol many of the times and be more vulnerable. When not pressuring her recovery with f-airs, you could also just charge up a rollout on the stage and nail her when she lands.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
M2K is a great stage..

I will give you advice... but first let me laugh and raise a drink to Gideon making you the Jiggs Mod instead of Kish, Magus, or Chozen. *insert clink here* *downs drink*

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
LoL, actually no one spoke up to wanting a jigs thread, so i waited a few days, no one said anything, so i volunteered... no one said anything... so i got it :)

Honestly, if they asked, I'd let them have it. The deserving should get it, I don't deny it at all :)

So to you, good sir, *clinks*, thanks. And welcome back.

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Wait.. there was a request thread?!!?

I pretty much live in this tread.. so if you're still willing *raises eyebrow*

*clinks* *drinks more, and runs to class*

note- I want to bring my crew to your large tourny.. is there housing avalible??

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Yeah, we've got tons of housing (including the floor of the resturaunt). Check out the 1st post of the INN V thread (link in my sig).

Let me know who's coming and I'll update pre-reg list.

and no, it was a thread for the people who were already modded, not open to public. Sorry :(

But I'm always listening if you have any ideas (or anyone else for that matter) pm me, etc. :)

ChozenOne

Smash Champion
Things I noticed-->

WoP faster- When you do a full jump, you should/can get two Bairs in. The first one should either knock peach up so you can hit her with the other Bair [at low %'s] or if she's shielding she may try to grab you after the first one, in which case the 2nd Bair will hit her. Do not hesitate.. use your arial speed.

Follow up- at low percents you can rising pound --> two consecutive Bairs. It's like a free 35-42 % depending.. this is pretty useful on floaties. You also tend to do one jump/two jumps and then land.. you can stay in the air and combo w/ around 3-5 Fairs b/c they have less knockback incomparison to Bairs.

Be more aggessive- Peach, Falco, Fox, are supposed to camp you [if they are playing the matchup correctly]. Get in their face so that they don't have enough time to spam lasers, missles, bombs, rangs, or turnips. Keep up the pressue, and only let up when you need more jumps.

Use pound to recover.. you should never die from lack of jumps... even when being spiked.

Switch your fairs, w/ bairs.. Bairs have more priority, and have more knockback.. and they also have more range.

You can uair kill peach at like 110+.. do it.

Grab more- alot of ppl like to shield, and camp. Punish them.

Don't attack a peach while you're under a platform she's on.. dsmash+that=automatic cc.

Nice read on peach's 2nd death [in the first video]. That bair was fuxing w/ amazing.

Stay off the ground- you play the most arial oriented character in the game.. and have great air mobility. Use that shizz. Don't be afraid to give your opponent a barrage of Bairs.. Smashes are "ok" but unless you have great mindgames, or Usmash out of shield, you're probably not going to connect with very many..

You roll too much- I really only roll if my opponent throws something [and is nearby], or does an attack that i can roll-->rest. Other than that roll is pretty useless, and is quite laggy.. easy to punsh.

DI better. Good DI is what makes the difference between bad players, good players, and great players. Survival is key in this game. When you DI from anything make sure that you make a perpendicular angle with the control stick in relation to the direction the attack sent you.

Good Day Sir.

btw- your friend [Chad] isn't much better than you, if at all. You both make very similar mistakes. Capitolize on the information you now know, and aid both of you in "Fuxing w/ Amazing".

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
Chad doesn't main Jiggs, he's a Pica player. Pica is lots better than his jiggs. I think that was a random counterpick to throw off his opp, which worked.

But thanks for the comments. I know a lot of people give you crap, but A. you know your stuff, and B. the hard truth is what makes one a better player.

I worked on the pounds a bit. The thread talking about the difference between knocking back -vs- up taught me a bit, and in just a few minutes learned what i've been really missing with pound potential.

I plan on getting another match up at the biweekly friday. I'll probably just edit this post as not to spam.

P.s. Can't wait to see you at INN. If you don't mind me shadowing a bit, I've never met a high tier jiggs and sure I could learn a lot :)

-Edit-

Oh yeah, I've got this thing where I have a problem with being "too gay" (i.e. I can't up throw + rest a falco 4 times in 1 match, even if the opportunity is there - also just gimp WoPing someone from low %). I just feel bad. I'm trying to work on this, to turn up the gayness a bit more. Hopefully it'll show a bit more this weekend :)

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
Many peach players like to use their dash attack simply because its one of their best moves. amazing priority (cancels with marths fsmash), long lasting, good range and hitbox, little lag, can hit you if u dodge too early, etc. The thing about this is like what someone said earlier about duck rest, but that still builds up damage and as a jigglypuff player, one of your main goals is to keep as little damage as possible because he is so light. Try doing a rest out of shield, it works if they dash attack your shield because it is so long lasting and if you do it right, boom.
Also when edgeguarding peach, try to stay slightly under her so you can bair her if she fast falls and upair if she tries to fly over you, but space it right so she doesnt suck you up with her dair into bair or nair.

Top Bottom