• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally Finished My Drum Project

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=5226]Finally Finished My Drum Project[/drupal]

So, I am a drummer. I have been a drummer since I was pretty little (my dad is also a drummer), but I didn't start taking it seriously as a passion until I was something around 10. My dad has gone through many kits, and I have been using an old kit of his from the 1980's, I believe. It's old enough that they don't make drums that fit the mounts any more. Anyway, my dad has told me about a kit he used to have that he decided to put a collage over. Well, June of last year I decided to tackle a collage project on my set. By the end of summer, I had only finished two of the drums, and begun work on the final:

[COLLAPSE="High Tom Details"]

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Floor Tom Details"]

[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Incomplete Bass Drum"] [/COLLAPSE]

But, as of last Friday, I am finished!

[COLLAPSE="Finished Set"]

[/COLLAPSE]

BSP

Smash Legend
That's impressive, and it's the first collage drum set I have seen. How long did the whole thing take you in total?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
That's impressive, and it's the first collage drum set I have seen. How long did the whole thing take you in total?
The high tom and floor tom took maybe three months, and the bass drum about three by itself. That thing is pretty huge. I also had to add the wood veneer to the hoop, and I coated it a few extra times with polyurethane.

Sick! It looks really great, Melo.
Thanks, man. I'm really pumped about it, it took a lot of time and effort. I'm really excited to have it finished.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Delicious high quality pictures in that third collapse tag. And very cool drum designs.

Mayor props to ya, dude.

BSP

Smash Legend
The high tom and floor tom took maybe three months, and the bass drum about three by itself. That thing is pretty huge. I also had to add the wood veneer to the hoop, and I coated it a few extra times with polyurethane.
Wow, now that's commitment. It shows though, the drums look great.

it took a lot of time and effort. I'm really excited to have it finished.
I can tell. Good stuff dude.

Top Bottom