• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finalcuttercide (Kirby) vs. Aethercide (Ike) V2

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Since the first thread didn't do so well, I made this on in the Kirby boards.

This thread is about which risky move is more better and/or useful, or which one I shouldn't even be thinking to use.

Finalcuttercide

Pros
-You can move a bit while starting Up-B
-Kirby has more air game to attempt to use this move on a foe
-Can easily catch foe's off gard when you go after them while they are trying to comeback
-Final Cutter Jumps a little faster than Aether
-More movement than Aether

Cons
-You can't grab the edge backwords
-Easily edge garded
-Falls down slower than Aether making it easy to dodge when Kirby comes down
-A little less knockback than Aether when spiking

Aethercide

Pros
-Can grab the edge backwords
-Can catch foe's above you better than the Final Cutter
-Does more damage than the Final Cutter
-Falls very fast
-Jumps a little higher than Final Cutter

Cons
-Very hard air game due to Ike's bad recovery
-The distances of his movement is very little
-Predictable if your foe is too far above or below you
-Takes a little longer to complete Aether than Final Cutter

I might have missed some, but I'll come to that... so the discussion is open.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This is a weird topic o_O

Anyway, Kirby's is riskier. Ike's is better.

I can only get Kirby's to work by accident...in fact, I never try to do it on purpose because there are usually better options.
Unless you're talking about the one where you're on the stage and REMAIN on the stage trying to spike them, I never really tried that.

I have a bunch of Final Cutter spikes on my highlight video, where they're hanging on the ledge and I spike them while recovering. I got a kill on a 0% Fox that way. But that hasn't worked for me lately, I've found that smarter opponents easily use invincibility frames and I plummet to my doom. Kirby's Final Cutter passes by so quickly that it's easy to edgeguard.

Ike's "aethercide" or aether spike is great though. :D

§leepy God

Smash Master
Ike will destroy all those who don't know the power of Aether. But I'll say it depends, projectiles **** Aether, Final Cutter isn't too bad with projectiles but it's still very vunerable. So yea, I'm going to side with kill power, the Aethercide.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Ike's Aether Spike is tons better.

However, Kirby has better edgeguarding abilities.

I don't see the point in Kirby trying to use Final Cutter for edgeguarding when he can just D-air.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I just tested more today, I'll say that since Ike can grab the edge backwards his is kind of better. But Kirby can slam you even if you try to dodge him, (that is, if your foe don't expect you to come down there with Kirby). But over and all, I'll say these tech shouldn't be done unless you have either the same life, (if you face someone that don't have multi jumps), or if you have one or more life than your opponite.

CompassTosser

Smash Apprentice
I love finalcutterciding! Too bad Kirby dies first if your oppoent is at 20% or lower, I think. The point is I always die first so I gotta stop doing it on the last live...

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Do you guys have videos of finalcuttercides? It's something I never do, and seems way too risky o_o

Top Bottom