• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Final Update] Saffron City HD

Timde9

Smash Cadet
*latest update 4/23/13*
Finally got the background 100% satisfactory for my taste. Also fixed some texture issues to align the stripes more perfectly and added some great music to the stage! Enjoy!

*updated* Fixed the background now ready to be added to brawl vault. Also made a rainy version for those who would like to use it. Please read instructions to clarify. Special thanks to Gamma at the KC-MM forums for helping me figure out how to fix the background.

I decided to texture Saffron City using HD texture's from Pietschie & Bad Randolphs Super Smash Bros. HD project. Firstly I would like to point out that neither the stage nor textures are mine with the exception of a single gradient texture all the credit should go to Mewtwo 2000 for the stage and Pietschie & Bad Randolph for the textures. I am aware that a user Felipe_9595 has done a similar project however his is no longer available since it was hosted on megaupload. Also after examining screenshots of his stage I have concluded that mine is superior in quality as some of his textures were incorrectly placed. My stage is 100% true to the original HD project. I hope you enjoy it.

link to original Smash Bros. 64 HD project:
http://www.emutalk.net/threads/44911-Pietschie-amp-Bad-Randolphs-Super-Smash-Bros-HD

Screenshots from in Project M:

Download link:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31811&Moderated=All

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I like it a lot. Keeps the original style but looks much cleaner. The background could be better but considering what they were working with, it's a substantial improvement.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Didn't know the original one existed but glad I found this one.

Still waiting for a Dreamland 64 reboot.

Amazerommu

Smash Lord
Holy crap! The only thing that would make this even better is if the background were 3D. This is already way too good. *Downloads*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Jackpot, I believe there is a Melee visual version called Dream Greens that uses Green Greens' visuals over DL64 with the same collisions.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Jackpot, I believe there is a Melee visual version called Dream Greens that uses Green Greens' visuals over DL64 with the same collisions.

Yeah, I'm using that one but I was thinking more of an HD or Epic Yarn/Return to Dreamland kind of thing. The Dreamland 64 music is great but the stage is starting to look a bit dated.

Timde9

Smash Cadet
I am glad you all seem to like it however there is one small edit I wish to correct before uploading to brawl vault. Perhaps someone can help me. I have already inquired to Mewtwo 2000 but have not yet received a reply. Somebody already mentioned about the background which is exactly the issue. Take a look at these two screen shots.

The problem is that the background model curves like an oval and in the original background by mewtwo 2000 that was compensated for by this spherical effect you see above. However I cannot seem to figure out how to apply the same effect to my image. I am basically learning as I go with this so the answer may be obvious but it is beyond me at this point. Being a stubborn perfectionist, I insist on solving this problem so any help will be appreciated.

Sixth-Sense

Smash Ace
San Francisco, Venezuela (not the famous one)
there was a guy here called fatman that was doing this same project 2 months ago, but he stopped because of work or something, blah blah, either way this looks hd alright, you did a great job, i personally don't like the stage but you really made pleasing to the eye man, good stuff

btw, is thier any chance you are going to make more......................please?

Timde9

Smash Cadet
i'll make more just have to figure out the background issue first

Top Bottom