• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash Ideas

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
If you've seen this thread under the Charizard and (most recently) the Ivysaur sub-forums, then you'll know the deal for this. For those who don't, the name of this thread is as it suggests. Come up with your own ideas for a Final Smash for Squirtle!

SSB_Hello

Smash Apprentice
final smashes are pretty but i wouldnt use items so.
that said, probably just hydro pump and make it look cool i guess.

Ultimate Sneeze

Smash Apprentice
What about Water Pulse? Although its not a super-powerful move in the games, it could go through the entire screen from where Squirtle is, slightly damaging and dazing anyone on the ground (with some push effects) That's a bit more exciting than just Hydro Pump.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hey, so, the intention of this thread isn't very clear so I figured I'd clarify something. The reason the Kanto Trio don't have Final Smashes isn't out of lack of want or creativity in coming up with a Final Smash for each, but a technical limitation preventing us from making a Final Smash for them at all. Should we eventually find a way, you'll certainly see some awesome FSes on them. :p

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I think the point was to brainstorm some cool ideas, assuming a way to give them a FS is eventually found. Except for that distinction, I think its basically the same as the "clone engine" and "alt costume" threads in general discussion. Wishful thinking.

I guess I could be wrong and OP didn't know there's a technical limitation.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
I think the point was to brainstorm some cool ideas, assuming a way to give them a FS is eventually found. Except for that distinction, I think its basically the same as the "clone engine" and "alt costume" threads in general discussion. Wishful thinking.

I guess I could be wrong and OP didn't know there's a technical limitation.

I just wanted to make some discussion... although this was probably not the place to do it. Being that there are in fact technical limitations, I just wanted to try and come up with some ideas.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
What about Water Pulse? Although its not a super-powerful move in the games, it could go through the entire screen from where Squirtle is, slightly damaging and dazing anyone on the ground (with some push effects) That's a bit more exciting than just Hydro Pump.
I think Water Pulse could be a good idea! Kind of like Mario's FS except Water-themed, and with Stun! Seems like a really good idea!

Burnsy

Smash Lord
A general discussion thread focused on all 3 of the starter pokemon's final smashes, rather than individual character sub-form threads would probably be much more lively.

sonicfan7895

Smash Cadet
A general discussion thread focused on all 3 of the starter pokemon's final smashes, rather than individual character sub-form threads would probably be much more lively.
Okay. I was thinking there could probably be something like that under the character discussions, but since this is under Project M, where all three Pokemon are separate, I figured this would be the best way, but I guess I didn't think of it sooner. Could someone close this and the other two threads (with the same title) under Charizard and Ivysaur?

OmegaPyron

Smash Cadet
So, if Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and PokeTrainer go back to 1 slot, they would have the Final Smash AND keep their down special so they can't switch mid-game. Brawl made it possible to choose which Pokemon you wanted to start as by clicking the specific pokemon from their larger Portrait in the character select screen, so that should be enough for players that want to play as Ivysaur and Squirtle (default could be Charizard.) Keep in mind, it is possible to turn a taunt into an attack: (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...er&SubtypeSearch=and&Subtype[]=PSA&Target=ZSS)

Alternatively, if that wouldn't work, I noticed that Dr. Mario has the pills instead of Fireballs. Well, that seems like a second moveset all in one slot! Maybe the same can be done for the Pokemon? Ex: first 6 clicks could be Charizard, the next 6 Ivysaur, the last 6 Squirtle! Then, PokeTrainer, the Final Smash, and their new badass specials could work!!

Ideally, I'd love to play with the Evolved Blastoise and Venusaur, but that seems like that would take tons of balancing, etc. I frequently go to Brawl Vault to see if there are any, but they're either seem too small (textures only), they interfere with their current moveset, or too slow. Are there any other sites?

I bet everyone already considered those two ideas, but it just feels like they would both work. Let me know what you and the wonderful folks who made Project M think of these simple changes @ https://www.youtube.com/user/OmegaPyron. I gotta say, all of everyone's hard work really shows: I never thought I would see the day when Roy, Marth, Ike, Lucario, and Mewtwo all exist in one game! I love all of the extra costume slots for many of the characters like Link, Dr.Mario, Fox/Falco/Wolf, and the Pokemon.

For Final Smashes, Squirtle's could be a giant Hydropump/Surf/Ice Beam/Blizzard, Ivysaurs could be Solar Beam (if the other one gets removed), GigaDrain, Sleep Powder(like Luigi's), or Leaf Storm (I'm not sure if Ivy/Venusaur can learn that,) and for Charizard, I'd say Fire Blast/Blast Burn/Overheat or Dragon Rage(It looked cool in the show against Poliwrath, but who remembers that?)

Top Bottom