• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

final smash easy to doge

strike42

Smash Journeyman
i don't know if this was already known or not but his final smash is relay easy to doge. i found this out by playing against my friend and when he used it. i just went to the edge and started to hedge hog (i think thats right?) and the little guys went right over my head. they missed completely. so could this effect him much?

my opinion would be no b/c you still have all of his other great moves it just means that his final smash is crippled.

Frey

Smash Journeyman
Thats why we turn off final smash, because certain people have better ones and can win a match just because of final smash, btw you didn't edge hog, you just grabbed a ledge, edge hogging is when you camp the edge to prevent an opponent to latch on.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
This isn't a way to dodge his final smash, you just got lucky I think.

I've used it before and other people had the same idea; they went to the ledge. But doing that actually hurts more than helps, since the waddles will hit you off the edge off the side, and there's a high chance that while off you'll be hit further by more waddles since you're right in the path for it. I would say that the majority of my FS kill have been from people edgehogging.

Negative Zero

Smash Apprentice
It works fine if a character has an infinite edgehog that gives them invincibility. If they don't, they risk getting knocked off AND edgeguarded, like Patsie said.

Top Bottom