• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Hits & Controller? O.o

Alou

Smash Cadet
Well, recently I made the switch from Yoshi to Ice Climbers, as I seem to be enjoying IC a lot more (even though Yoshi is still cool), and have recently been training a lot with them. So anyways I have two questions.

First one. I've been having trouble with my final smashes/hits. I seem to have no problem really getting my opponents higher, but I can't really seem to get a good final hit in till about 160, which is unacceptable in my opinion. So, I was wondering if anyone would mind explaining what they are doing a lot or stuff they've seen thats good for a final hit with low percent.

Second one. I used the Wii remote and Nunchuck with Yoshi, so I've been sticking with that for a bit although I'm decent with a GameCube controller. Is there a certain controller that makes using IC easier than others. If so what do you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance for any help you guys give me. :) Also practice is always appreciated, so feel free to add me online if you don't mind giving me pointers.

ICYDp

Smash Rookie
Ok getting a final hit with the climbers is very easy. grab with popo or nana then use the c-stick and the z button to charge it let it connect and its pretty much a kill with out DI at about 85-100% ( sorry dont know the wiimote+ nunchuck equivilant to charge a smash during a grab). as for best controller i still stand by a game cube controller but what every works for you.

Alou

Smash Cadet
Ok getting a final hit with the climbers is very easy. grab with popo or nana then use the c-stick and the z button to charge it let it connect and its pretty much a kill with out DI at about 85-100% ( sorry dont know the wiimote+ nunchuck equivilant to charge a smash during a grab). as for best controller i still stand by a game cube controller but what every works for you.
Yeah I've been using both and for the final hit GC is pretty much the best bet. I'll probably practice with that as I get that and some others I've seen down.

Thank you for your help. If anyone else has some tips thats great too.

Top Bottom