• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy VII got shafted again

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Theoretically, I'm not sure about programming but getting the English VA to record voice clips (or get some stock ones from Square) is absolutely possible in 4 months, rights-aside
But yeah, it sucks. I'm not a FF fan but I can only imagine how bad it feels. I imagine if Geno gets in, and the only other Mario RPG thing we get is a straight up port of the Forest Mushrooms song (we'd NEED another song for Geno's trailer so that's the only reason why we'd even get a song lol)

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
For what it's worth, I'll back Raykz and Thinkaman up on their observations in working with licenses for existing, third-party IP. I'll also add something else to it based on my own (admittedly limited) experiences with it: Japanese corporations can be even more thorough/difficult on this sort of thing. Especially in multiple-party crossover games, which Smash definitely is.

This isn't an absolute tendency, but it's something I noticed a while back and was kind of astonished by. Won't go into details for various reasons, just wanted to confirm that Raykz and Thinkaman are correct.

Suffice to say, I imagine the vast majority of the game's content/features are locked in already. There might be small bits and pieces that are still up in the air, but major changes at this point are exceedingly unlikely. While it is true that music is technically a 'take the file, drop it in, update the UI files to acknowledge it's there, boom you're done' thing, the legal realities around it probably aren't so easy.

Actually, it's likely that most of the work now is final polishing and testing. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we wind up with a day 1 patch, accordingly.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
The game has 800+ songs, and 32 of them are for one little Castlevania stage.

I'm optimistic about Final Fantasy's Music's chances.

Last edited:
Top Bottom