• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Fantasy 7's Cloud is in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Good for those who like him/the game. I am not a big fan, being more of a Final Fantasy 9 fan myself, so as with Roy, I will be skipping this one.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
Welp, that would be Sakurai; way out in left field again. I really don't know how I feel about Cloud to be honest. I suppose it's hype to have him, but I fear that as another swordsman, he's really going to have too many similarities to lots of members of the cast; I do feel that Sakurai could have delved deeper in the unique department. Of course, I'm being incredibly bias here, as I'm not the biggest Final Fantasy fan in the world, so there's that. However, I'll be paying close attention to him... If he appears to have a little too many similarities with the other swordies, I may just skip him.

That being said, if he actually got much support by very many people, then I'm happy for his fans.

Who knows though, there is supposedly a Direct exclusively for Smash in December, so there must be a few more things up Sakurai's sleeve; Nintendo doesn't make exclusive "special announcements" for nothing.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Were there any Cloud in Sm4sh supporting thread?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Were there any Cloud in Sm4sh supporting thread?
Probably, but I doubt they were big. FF7 and beyond are generally looked at as Playstation games (Which honestly makes it more exciting that he is in Smash), so with that alone I'm sure most people thought his chances were slim.

Dan

Smash Lord
His hype is killed by ballot expectations. I mean, they obviously did an amazing job on him and he's an amazing addition (do I even have to say it?).

Imagine if someone told you in 1999 that Smash 4 would have Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man, Ryu and Cloud...

Sonicjamareiz

Smash Apprentice
You know pisses me off the most about this reveal people act as if this is the final character and go ape poop -_-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom