• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final destination

FuryX

Smash Cadet
I tend to play as wolf a lot and i usually play in friends games and most of them pick final destination. now my problem is that sometimes i get knocked off and the ledge on FD is messed up and i get stuck under the stage most of the time with the his recovery; then i will end up dying with only around 50 damage. Also because of that i usually lose matches that i should be able to win. does anyone else have this problem in FD?

waks

Smash Journeyman
Probably most people do. Try to allign yourself to the ledge with your double jump (if you can) before you recover maybe.

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
FD is not nice to a lot of players. Fox, Falco, Wolf, Mario, Luigi, Marth... The list goes on. Anyone with poor horizontal recovery hurts on this stage. For that reason, most players probably want to stick with Battlefield or Smashville because they got the same ledges that Melee FD did. Melee Battlefield was one of the least picked stages because you got stuck there, and Brawl FD inherited those evil edges.

What can Wolf do? Not much. Align yourself either right below, 45 degrees (tricky), or exactly horizontal and direct Up+B into the edge. If you are about 30 degrees, shoot for a Side+B. Take some time to train on FD in Training mode to get an idea of distances.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
You know how theres two upward slops under the stage. The first of which, is followed by a large flat area (aka, where you get stuck when you try to recover). Alittle past that is another slight slope that connects directly to the ledge. If you arent directly straight below the edge, try to aim for that slope, as your up B will ride along it

Dacman

Smash Rookie
yo thx fr this- I had th same prob.
I always upB upwards, but unlike fox/falco- after wolf finishes, he drops straight down n theres not much u can do to stop it.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yo thx fr this- I had th same prob.
I always upB upwards, but unlike fox/falco- after wolf finishes, he drops straight down n theres not much u can do to stop it.
after about 1-2 seconds, you can start DIing after you upB...but who's gonna be in a situation where they are gonna upB high enough for enough time to waste to start gradually moving towards the stage? stupid wind wolf....

bigj987

Smash Rookie
when i play as wolf in FD i try to jump towards the lower ledge, then jump off were it then sets up a perfect angle to upB onto the stage

GodotAA

Smash Ace
Wolf can wall jump too if you get a little too close to that wall you can jump right off it allowing you to get another chance to hit the ledge or the stage. Another thing to be careful about with wolf.

LittleKey

Smash Cadet
I've heard about this problem, but I've never really had much problem with it. I tend to recover diagonally back to the stage, rather than vertically. So I usually never go near the bottom of the stage.

Top Bottom