• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Yoshi with Falcon

Himd-Syte

Smash Rookie
Been playing a lot of netplay recently and everybodies technicality varies heavily obviously I know there is soo much more to smash then tech skill but being stuck in an area where I can't play with my friends who take it seriously (often) tech skill is almost all I have been able to develop significantly. These guys however could care less and im getting just blown up by fundamentals.

So my issue is that many of the lesser played cast that my friends don't really touch such as Yoshi, Wario and Zelda appear and I almost always find extreme difficulty getting anything started vs them and find my self overwhelmed by these multiple hit moves all over my shield.

I end up left with usually one decent down air combo starter having to be my only option for taking a stock back. Tech chasing them off of throws feels like a losing game because you have to get so close with falcon and the chances are they nair you before landing (floaty shts :D)

Especially with Yoshi, can anyone give me any advice on how i might approach a bit more methodical rather than stray knees on reaction.

"Im a glutten for punishment because i could just go ganon and fair everything but w.e"

Last edited:

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
Been playing a lot of netplay recently and everybodies technicality varies heavily obviously I know there is soo much more to smash then tech skill but being stuck in an area where I can't play with my friends who take it seriously (often) tech skill is almost all I have been able to develop significantly. These guys however could care less and im getting just blown up by fundamentals.

So my issue is that many of the lesser played cast that my friends don't really touch such as Yoshi, Wario and Zelda appear and I almost always find extreme difficulty getting anything started vs them and find my self overwhelmed by these multiple hit moves all over my shield.

I end up left with usually one decent down air combo starter having to be my only option for taking a stock back. Tech chasing them off of throws feels like a losing game because you have to get so close with falcon and the chances are they nair you before landing (floaty shts :D)

Especially with Yoshi, can anyone give me any advice on how i might approach a bit more methodical rather than stray knees on reaction.

"Im a glutten for punishment because i could just go ganon and fair everything but w.e"
Falcon vs Yoshi is really bad for Falcon. Try to play a more Hit-and-Run game, Yoshi will eat combos with DoubleJump armor and N-air.

Himd-Syte

Smash Rookie
Double jump armour and Crouch cancelling are shredding me. Not only that but spamming d-tilt for edge gaurding is beyond argrivating and basic yet it works profoundly. Looks like ganon it is then.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
Double jump armour and Crouch cancelling are shredding me. Not only that but spamming d-tilt for edge gaurding is beyond argrivating and basic yet it works profoundly. Looks like ganon it is then.
would be a better choice

didds

Smash Lord
Ganon isn't easy for Yoshi, lots of range and strong moves that Yosh can't tank through with dj or cc'ing

OninO

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, if you're off stage and below Yoshi as Cap you're pretty boned, your best bet is to try your hardest to sweet spot it but it's nearly impossible. Work hard to make sure you DI upwards.

Top Bottom